Happy Saturday! I hope that you are off to a great weekend. I am so proud of myself for keeping up with my blogging so far. Now if I can just get motivated to get to the gym. Continuing with my "Thirty Things" ...
#2 Describe 3 Legitimate Fears and Explain
1) Heights: So this one I didn't even know I had. I grew up loving the thrill of excitement! From the time I can remember, we always had seasons passes to Carowinds (the biggest amusement park in the Carolinas area), and I would ride each and every roller coaster there was. The higher and faster they went, the better! In fact, I loved the adventure of feeling like I was flying in the air so much that I truly thought that I would jump out of an airplane and go sky diving one day when I got older.
So you can imagine the shock when I learned one day during a mandatory ropes course excercise that I had the fear of heights. As part of a team building for our dental office, Dr G thought that it was a great idea to get us to have to work together, so we met at the Olympic White Water Rafting Center in Charlotte and prepared to balance on nothing but a rope many feet above ground in an effort to push together to get everyone through the ropes course. Standing so far from the ground, my fears came true and I thought more than once I was going to have to get off, as I shook and shook and the rope underneath me swayed this way and that. Needless to say I finally finished and got to the other end, towards safety, but I'm sure I'll never do that again! I would have much rather done the white water rafting over the ropes course!
**on a side note, I later found out that I was a few weeks pregnant with Ryder and didn't know it, when I participated in the ropes. This may also explain feeling even more unbalanced while in the air.
2) Freaky Animals and Insects: This one is pretty self explanatory, although it didn't help that my older brother spent most of my childhood chasing me with whatever frog, snake, or creepy bug that he would catch, and loved to play tricks on me. This is the same brother that let two lizards bite each of his ears, and let them dangle like earrings!
3) Ghosts ok so call me a big baby when it comes to ghosts, but I am terrified of them. More specifically the evil spirits, or demons. I remember in one of my childhood homes, there was a basement and my Dad had an antique pool table and had turned the basement into a cool pool and game room. It was a newly built house, but having that old pool table down in the basement made me terrified to down in it alone, much less at night. I thought it was haunted! Though I've never seen a ghost, I scared myself into thinking my Grandmama or Scot's grandparents had come for a visit not long after both babies were born, and as I'd do feedings late at night I would feel a presence. I blame lack of sleep and tired eyes. I used to love scary movies, but I can't watch them now without being scared, no thanks to movies like Paranormal Activity. Creepy! However I do love a good ghost story. Do you have a ghost story??


LOVE that picture and I love Carowinds too! It was Colt's first amusement park!
ReplyDelete