Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Sixteen: Greatest Accomplishments

 
I'm so behind on my "Thirty Things" list, but here are my top accomplishments in life thus far!
 
# 16 What Are Your 5 Greatest Accomplishments?
 
1. I wish that I had a picture from me in highschool, but my first accomplishment was graduating from Highschool. At the time, I didn't realize what a big deal this was. I just thought it was something everyone did, but after my older brother dropped out of highschool just months from graduation, it literally tore my Mom up. I was a good student in Highschool and loved school, and made sure to take classes that challenged me like AP and honors classes. Now I realize that not a lot of kids make it to their highschool graduation, so I take pride in this accomplishment, wearing my Kelly Green cap and gown before my fellow students and walking the stage back in May of 2001.
 
2. My next accomplishment would be the day that I finished my DA II Certification and graduation from Dental Assisting. Again, I wish that I had my class photo, which my mom proudly has displayed at her house. Ya'll pretty much know the 411 on my college years by now, but I never took classes at a traditional university, and instead pursued my dream as a dental hygienist. However, it wasn't in the cards for me at the time, so instead I went on to become a dental assistant, and getting my credentials to be a step above on site training. I'm happy that I have my certifications so that one day if I do decide to get back in the field once my babies are older, I have it to fall back on.
 

3. By far the happiest day of my life, aside from the days my babies entered this world, was my wedding day. This was a happy accomplishment for me, to marry the man of my dreams, who would love me and care for me in a way that a husband should. Scot is everything that I wanted, even things I didn't even know I'd want. Things like cleaning the house, helping with our future kids, washing my car, making me my favorite cup of coffee, doing laundry, and being in charge of taking Tucker out to use the bathroom at night just because it's late and I get spooked late at night when all the lights in the house are off. Ha! I thank God for this man, for bringing us together and for the marriage that we have today. Through the good and the bad, what an amazing accomplishment! To be married 5 years. I pray to make it 50 more!
 
4. Having my babies was probably the top two accomplishments in my life. Marriage and graduation are hard, and admirable, but carrying a baby 9 months, and laboring that child is quite an accomplishment. I will never ever forget the day that both my Dr and midwife laid each of my children on my chest for the very first time and our eyes met. The feeling of love and gratitude and accomplishment that came with that moment was overpowering.
 
5. I thought I had a picture of this as well, but buying and paying off my first car was a huge accomplishment for me! I had many cars in the past, through my days of turning 16 and getting my license, cars that I drove friends around until they either broke down, or I got involved in a wreck with. They were all used cars, older models, and cars that I didn't seek out. I loved them at the time, but there was something about going to a car lot and picking out the car I wanted, and then paying for it in my name that was like an adrenaline rush. 19 at the time, and I wanted a Hyundai Tuburon. I had seen one driving and knew that was the cute sports car for me. It was time to spread my wings, and I had good credit at the time, paying off a few of my credit card bills and such, so I thought it was only natural that I got a car in my name. Well, years later and barely able to continue with college and bills and a big car payment, but I was finally able to pay it off and I was so happy that day that I had accomplished such a big thing. Sure, mortgages and hospital bills have occured since, but this was my first really big accomplishment, having paid off such a large expense, all on my own!
 
So what are some of your accomplishments??
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment