Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day Ten: Embarrassing Moments


#10 Describe Your Most Embarrassing Moment

Just admit it. You all have one! I know you do. For me, I have wayyyy more than just one. In fact, it is a well known joke in my family that I come from a long line of clumsy women. My mom, Grannie, uncle, and as Scot has been around me more and more, I can see that my clumsiness has even rubbed off on him too! {oops}

Well, I have two awfully embarrassing moments that I came to right away. Both involving big falls.

The first was around the time I was 9 or 10 years old. You know, the impressionable age when everything mattered, from what I looked like to what I had on. So you can imagine what this occurance would do to a young girls self esteem as it did for mine ha!

Okay, so I was at Holden Beach, after just placing our order at Scoops ice cream shop for a double cotton candy cone for myself, and a butter pecan for my brother. I thought I would sashay down the stairs to meet my mom and family who was already seated below. Little did I know there was yet another set of stairs below, as I took a tumble and fell. Ice cream all over the place. And I cried I was so embarrassed! My brother laughed loudly as my family scolded him. I was motified and to this day I can't go to Scoops without thinking of that fateful day!


The next thought that came to mind was the time I was so drunk with friends on my 22nd birthday (maybe 23rd) that I fell down the stairs at Forum, the it club of downtown Charlotte during the time. I'm talking 3 levels of stairs, and PACKED! And here comes this dingy blonde down the stairs becaus of my clumsinesss and a few too many beverages. Thank goodness for these moments to look back on and laugh about now. I only hope that Brynley isn't as clumsy as me one day!

What is your most embarrassing moment?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, falls can be so embarassing! And 3 levels of stairs! My word - I hope you didn't break anything!

    My most embarrassing moments (in no particular order): #1 First day as an ER nurse, I unknowingly interruped a doctor's exam (he was sitting in the corner of the room and I didn't see him when I walked in) and started doing an assessment, asking questions of the patient... the doctor just got up, stared at me, and walked out. I was mor-ti-fied, but incredibly glad that all he did was notify my preceptor rather than yelling at me (as some of the doctors did). #2 High school - I was sitting in the back row of church next to my crush, had to go to the bathroom but wanted to wait till there was a prayer or a hymn so that I didn't get up during the middle of the sermon... sermon dragged on and on so I finally decided to just go, but didn't realize that my foot had fallen asleep. I fell down in the middle of the service, in front of my crush, and it was so noticeable that the pastor stopped and everyone looked at me. And it was a BIG church. Shudder - still blush at the thought of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I have so many fall down stories that I dont count them as embarrassing anymore, just part of who I am. ;)

    ReplyDelete