So today's post is all about what a typical day looks like for me. I had to linkup to my post I wrote here 6 months ago, to show what my life was like back then. Biggest difference is how much more SLEEP I am getting!
#12 Describe A Typical Day in Your Current Life
So here is what a day in my life now looks like. I will have to remind myself to do this every 6 months or so to see just how life changes from season to season. Though it may not seem like it at the time, it's crazy the amount of things that change from month to month when you take a step back and look at the past!
6:25 am- I woke up, saw that the sun was shining, and had a quick minute to look at my Jesus Calling app to do my devotion for today. I loved it, and needed this reassurance today, and even made this bible verse my Facebook update status for the morning.
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law"
7 am- got up, went in the livingroom where I saw that Ryder and Brynley were now up and to my surprise, Scot was home from the gym and had fed Brynley a bottle and put Chuggington on for Ryder. Of course between my quiet time and by 7:30, I had yelled at Ryder for getting pancakes and syrup on the floor, put Tucker in our room with the door shut because I didn't want him eating Brynley's waffle or Ryder's pancakes, and then I let him out only to have Brynley try getting into his dog food dish, after pouring the bowl of food out. Then I gated the kitchen once all was clean, only to hear Ryder yell that Tucker pooped in the livingroom. Back outside he went after hearing words from Scot "Why can't we just get rid of the dog" and to have me yet again defend Tucker.
I managed to get myself dressed, kids dressed, start a load of laundry.
But by 7:15 am- I saw that the laundry must have somehow ended up with a diaper in it (clean one) and there was nothing but the insides of the diaper all throughout the now cleaned laundry!
7:29 am- After ringing all the wet laundry out, and re-washing them, I was finally able to load them in the dryer. Is this going to be the theme of my day? Cleaning up??
7:45 am- We all manage to get shoes on, pack up the car, and head to the gym.
8:00 am- I check the kids in childcare, then head to my spin class. Here I am sweating it up! Trying to get a picture was not the easiest ha!
9:30 am- Back from a great workout and Brynley is down for her morning nap after a bottle, while I attempt blogging today's post and have Ryder taking some Quiet Time/iPad play for an hour. We will see how this goes, as he normally comes down 1,000439843803840384034 times for whatever he needs!
10:26 am- Time for steamed edamame and roasted parsnips! Watching Real Housewives of New Jersey and do another load of laundry as I finish up blogging. Ahhh I do love Quiet Time/naps!
11:00 am- Wake Brynley up (if she's still sleeping) and feed her and Ryder snacks before heading to the park for awhile to enjoy the pretty day. It's been so nice lately, highs in the 80's instead of high 90's! {Between this time and 2:00 pm,it's spent at playdates, parks, playgrounds, Discovery Place Kids, the public library, splash pad, or grocery shopping, or just playing in the kids rooms and having quality time with them}
2:00 pm- Bottle and time for Brynley to get her 2nd nap in for the day! She has been fighting this one lately though, so I don't know how much longer it will last :(
2:38 pm- Brynley gets up from her nap. Time to have another snack, maybe watch either Chuggington, Doc McStuffins, or any other show on Disney Jr or PBS kids.
3:15 pm- We go grocery shopping since we met for a playdate earlier this morning instead of grocery shopping then. It kills time before Scot gets home and the kids are so cute in the cart together! Put groceries away, play some more, snacks, and wait for Daddy to get home.
4:40/5pm- Daddy is home and we have dinner as a family at the table. Roasted chicken and veggies tonight. Of course there is the battling with Ryder to eat his dinner, sit at the table in his chair with his feet down, asking why he is trying to bite his toenails or hide under the table while we are eating. Brynley is my good eater, eating like a champ! Table is cleared and I take my bath once Scot shuts down his computer for work for the day. We play and Brynley has last bottle before bed.
6:15 pm- Snacks and a show before bath. Bath time is together upstairs, before getting jammies on, stories read, potty and teeth brushed. And we call it a night with lights out by 7:30!
8:00 pm- Bedtime for Ryder, if he doesn't come down 249749749794794 times! We do computer time before watching a show, talking, or reading, and we call it a night by 9:30 ourselves.

What a busy day you have! I thought our days were busy, but that's just with 1 kiddo. And good on ya for getting to the gym so early!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I couldn't believe that was your devotion for the day. I was up till 2am last night with Joe and when I was trying to get him to sleep, I kept repeating that verse in my mind... especially the parts about patience and gentleness :-)