August 7th, 2012
Brynley turns 47 Weeks!
Oh where to begin my little Brynney Bryn?? This past week you have tested your determination with me on more than one occasion. Determined to climb up the stairs by yourself. In fact, I had no sooner turned my back to run upstairs and put the clean set of towels away when I looked and there you were midway up the stairs already! I didn't want to scare you and have you fall backwards, so instead I ran to get you and then told you in a stern voice "NOO!", once you were safe in my arms.You have also tested your limits by going around the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs, and still finding a way to climb them. But Mama caught on, and I think you've finally realized that you aren't allowed to climb them without supervision. You've also spilled Tucker's water from his bowl and eaten more pieces of dog food than I'm willing to admit, even after being scolded time and time again! This Mama is starting to get worn out from keeping you from getting into everything!
You've worn your new amber teething necklace for a few days now and I do believe it seems to be working. I still give you teething tabs at night when I have to take the necklace off you though, but during the day you don't even notice it's there. I wish I could say the same for hairbows and headbands! It's ashame I just bought a few new ones, because the minute I put one on you, you pull it right off and laugh! Lil' stinker. We also had to take all of the bumpers off your crib recently because you were using them to climb, and we were afraid you would climb right out!
This is your new thing this week, and everytime you do it, I have to laugh! You point at things and mimic what we do! And with a low growling noise you do this expression. I have no idea where you got this from and it's the funniest thing. You seem to be talking more this week, what sounds like Book "Buhh" and you come over with one for me to read to you, and Dog "Dahh" when Tucker is near you to reach. You love feeding Tucker, and when you get done eating, you throw food down to him. You also love giving him your treats, and I think you are much gentler with him than Ryder was at this age. He's either used to babies by now, or likes you more because he doesn't run like he did when Ryder was a baby grabbing at his long fur!
You love to draw and will find paper and pens (usually in Mommy's piles around the house) and I've noticed you really love the Magna Doodle. I have so many fun craft things and early crayola crayons that I want to start getting you so you can color. I have already started a fun Birthday/Christmas wish list of things that I want to get for you. I know that Daddy will have to keep me in line on this ha!
Your favorite thing is to carry random large (to you) objects around the house. This stool that we keep in the bathroom, Ryder's large stuffed animals in his room, you even picked up a huge box and were lugging it all around. I guess you're pretty strong little girl haha!
And bringing books for Mommy and Daddy to read! You really love books more and more each week, and I love to read to you. You have just started to have an attention span for them now.
My sweet girl, I love you so much, and even though we had some rough nights this week with teething, you are just the sweetest loving little girl I could ever ask for. Thank you Jesus for knowing my heart and desires even before I did.
Happy 47 Weeks!!
Love,
Mommy
Sula has not slept through the night much lately because of teething :( So I feel you.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Sula and Brynley really are SO much alike. I swear I cant turn my back for one second before she is into things she shouldnt be! Luckily Colt rats her out most of the time. We finally bought two baby gates and are about to get one more. Girl is wearing me out!!
And the bows!! Sula pulls them out now too. So sad :(