# 19 If You Could Live Anywhere, Where Would it Be and Why?
Gosh ya'll, I am embarrassed at how far behind I got on these, but with a little catchup I think I will be caught up by this weekend! {hopefully}
I am a North Carolina native and have been all of my life. I don't see myself leaving this state and hope to be able to live here the rest of my life. I know that jobs may change and Scot may get an offer he can't refuse one day, but in this very moment, I would say I am living in the state of my dreams. For one, we are just a few hours from the beaches. There is so much coastal history here in the Carolinas, and as I blog about often, my home away from home is Holden Beach. Known as a family beach, small and friendly, it is one of my favorite places to visit!
Then you have the Charlotte metro and Lake Norman suburbs (where we currently live). I love love love it here and my dreams would be to one day have a home either on the lake or at least lake access by boat. When my family moved here from Sanford (another small town near the coast), we fell in love with the lake at first sight. We lived in a neighborhood with lake access and owned a boat, so we were out on the lake every weekend and I hope to continue this tradition with my own family one day!
And last but not least, there are the beautiful Appalachian and Black Mountains, just a small drive away. So basically, you get both the coast and the mountains all in one state. The southern charm, but with plenty of art, shopping, music, and places to eat. Not to mention the weather! Carolina blue skies don't get their name for nothing.
So I'm pretty much living in the state of my dreams, but I'd just like to own a boat of our own one day. Our love for the Lake Norman happened naturally, since it's where we met one another at afterall, and got married standing in front of. I couldn't really see us living anywhere except here. Scot and I are currently working towards this dream, paying off bills, and hopefully by next year selling our townhome so we can move! Of course this is all in God's hands, in His own perfect timing, but He knows the desires of our hearts, and this certainly is one of them.
Where would be the place of your dreams to live?


I would have once said the same thing, that I was living in the place of my dreams. Now I realize that as long as I am with my family, its pretty awesome...unless we lived somewhere cold. I couldn't handle that!!
ReplyDelete