Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day Nine: 10 People That Influenced Me


#10 List 10 People Who Have Influenced You and Describe How
1. My Mom because she influenced me to be kind, nurturing, and I learned so much from her just for the characteristics I looked up to her from, for being my Mom.

2. Uncle Steve (my Mom's brother) because he was a successful man in the pharmaceutical sales industry for years. I love him so much and I looked to him for the husband I wanted one day, in terms of a man who was ambitious.

3. Grannie (my Mom's mother) since I was a little girl, my Grannie wasn't your typical nurturing-baking cookies Grandmother, she was hard core millitay style, as a former Army Nurse from WWII herself, yet she inspired me to have goals and dreams of my own and to be independent. As a widow from a young age, my Grannie never remarried and yet she always has such funny stories to share after "Happy Hour". I love her so much, yet I wish that I spent more time with her because I know that my time her on Earth with her is getting shorter and shorter as she approaches 93.

4. Scot this one is a given because he is my husband, my soulmate, my rock. There have been so many time that I look to him for advice, or to organize my thoughts or whatever it is that I am going through. Yes I am younger than him, and I look up to him because he is articulate and motivated, ambitious, driven, successful, athletic and so much more. In the areas I lack, he makes up for, yet I feel the same way in the areas that he lacks I make up for. He has motivated me to be the best wife and mother that I can be!

5. Mrs Millsaps (Highschool Art teacher through Art III) she was such an influence in highschool to me because she was a free spirit and supported me in everything I did. I'm sure that it helped that I was the younger sister of my brother, who is also a free spirit and wonderful artist. She pushed me in ways that I needed to be pushed at the time, yet was comforting during my parents divorce as well. I love her for pushing me in a gentle way that I needed during that time. I only wish that I had been more talented like my brother in regards to my artwork.

6. Mrs Stack (college Dental Assisting radiography teacher) yet another teacher who inspired me to push myself to limits that I didn't have confidence in, yet she believed in me. I honestly don't know that I would have been as driven and passed my classes with such persevrence had it not been for her.

7. Emilie (past co-worker) I feel that I started coming into my faith even more after working in the past dental office that I was at before becoming a SAHM. Emilie was my office manager and she was such a devout christian and she inspired me to be a better christian. I had so many questions for her that she helped steer me in the right direction with my walk with Christ. I never even knew what memory verses were until her and now I aspire to be more Christ like myself.

8. Ryder and Brynley- my children) this one is obvious because of course they have influenced me to want to be a better Mommy. From the time with them each morning, to the times I tuck them in bed each night. They have been such a source of motivation to be the best Mom that I can be. Sure there are plenty of hard moments when I question if I am doing right by them, but just hearing Ryder say "Mommy I love you so much" or "Thank you Mommy for the fun day we had" it makes me realize my efforts are not lost. I feel that it is my responsibilty to teach them in so many areas of their lives, and to try to be the one they turn to in comfort, sadness, happiness, or despair. I love them both so much and they just inspire me to be the best person to set the example to them as I can be.

9. Tori (my Sister in Law) I never thought that I was one to endure natural childbirth. Until my sister in law came in the picture. My brother was engaged to my sister in law at the time when I first had Ryder, and she gave me advice regarding recovery after childbirth that I was hesitant to take. I thought to myself. Okay, she may say these things but let her go through the acts of birthing a baby and see if she feels this way still. Well, my thoughts changed once Brynley was born, and she was present in the delivery room. My wants for an epidural and pitocin changed, and she influenced me to try to have as natural as a birth as possible. I still went through with an epidural in the end because I just got so dang scared of the pain that I didn't trust my own body, but she was there with me by my side through the very end and I love her for that. Now I know I could have done it without drugs, but I owe it all to her for her encouragement in her passion for organic, natural foods, medicines and holistic remedies. I can't wait for the day when I can be by her side as she goes through labor one day too!

10. There really isn't a 10th person that I can think of, so I will say all of my friends and you guys fit in this spot! If it wasn't for friendships in my life then I would not be influenced to be a better person. I wouldn't blog. I would just go about my day, not recording the memories and moments I have so far. I love sharing my life with friends and so I owe this one to ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment