Monday, August 20, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • happy happy back to school MONDAY!
  • But first, how was your weekend?
  •  It was such a good week, and I am truly learning to fend for myself with just the kids as Scot travels more and more.
  • Of course fun playdates always help make the time pass by though!
  • And the kids love seeing one another too.

  •  While Scot was out of town for the night, I took the kids on a special "date" just the three of us. It was harder than I thought it would be to get a photo of all of us ha!
  • Ryder is getting to be such a big helper now when we go out and he does great at restaurants. (I'm hoping his days of tantrums and tears will be a thing of the past soon!)
  •  Afterwards we got a sweet treat at the Coldstone creamery next door. Cotton candy for Ryder of course, and I tried their low fat watermelon sorbet. Brynley loved them both and took turns tasting both mine and Ryder's. Then we walked around Party City before making it back home.
  • But the two of them insisted on holding hands on the way back! Does it GET much cuter?
  • I think not!
  •  A stop at a local playground was a must before ending the day with warm baths and a bottle for Brynley. She loved the slide but I was too scared to let her go down. The girl is fearless!

  •  It was all in all a fun day and a fun night even though Daddy was away. I am learning to enjoy these moments with just the kids and I, and not to be scared to be alone at night. It definitely took some getting used to, but I really don't mind it nearly as much
  • and maybe that's partly now that I'm finally getting some sleep!
  •  And because Ryder was being so sweet, I surprised him and Scot and I made him BLUE pancakes for breakfast Saturday morning. He could eat pancakes everyday if we'd let him!
  •  Brynley liked them too!
  •  Scot and I got a date night on Saturday, so we shopped at Target (alone with no kids is as much fun as a vacation lol)
  • Now THAT should be something to tell my 16 year old self  HAHA!
  • By the way, I got my awesome bib necklace from groopdealz finally! I can't wait to wear it for Brynley's pink and yellow themed party next month!
  •  MMM.. I indulged in mac and cheese at McAlister's. and a cup of soup with my panini!
  • We decided just to go somewhere low key so that we could get back and order some things online to finish up our things we needed for Brynley's party, Halloween costumes for our Disney trip in October, and some personalized things too. Plus I had a list of projects that needed to be tackled. Who knew I'd love a date night away from the kids to do work ha!
  •  As I've mentioned, I am attempting most of Brynley's party goods. Which means that I have been searching sites for free printables, and recipes.
  • But when I saw this cake pop maker at Target, I couldn't resist! Of course Scot was hesitant and asked when on Earth I would be making cake pops after the party, so watch out, Mama likes a challenge ;)
  •  As a rainy cloudy day on Sunday, we went shopping, mostly just browsing, but we really didn't find what we were looking for. Before we left we let Ryder ride in the helicoptor and let him pick out gumballs from the machines. Since when did they start adding all of the things in the mall to entice young ones and their parents??
  • As I mentioned, it was back to school for Ryder today, which meant that we got Ryder's new Cars bookbag loaded for his first day of 3 year old preschool today. This was him running around pretending to be Superman last night, and so excited about waking up for his first day today!

  • I had to take these of his first day. He was being so cute, and when I got home from the gym this morning, he told me we needed to hurry to leave for school because his class was waiting on him (and it was 7 am and class started at 9am lol)

  • I think my little cub will fit right in with his Bears class this year and I pray that he meets new friends and learns more and more! It has been a fun summer, but I think we are ready for a new season!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, but it's not just a cake pop maker... it's a donut hole maker, too (according to the packaging)! Obviously worth the investment when you consider that! I've seen some of those in New Zealand but am waiting till we're back in the States to buy any more kitchen gear :-) I hope they turn out well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that necklace! I am kicking myself for not ordering one. They were such a great price!

    I'm making most of the food for Max's party too. We are on a tight budget right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty much having someone make everything for me for Sula's party. Its just easier since it will be at my moms house. I am NOT crafty at all though. Cant believe its almost here! Time is going TOO fast!

    John has traveled quite a bit for years and I still get scared at night. I sleep with the TV on so I wont over analyze noises I hear! I think that is part of never living alone.

    ReplyDelete