Monday, August 13, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday


  • The weekend has already come and gone, making is Monday already!
  • So Happy Monday to ya'll! Do you have any blonde moments to share today?
  • I really want to give my blog a facelift. I was actually reading through some posts from my original blog, and decided that at this day and time, I think bygones are bygones, so I made it public again. I figured it would be fun to go back to look and compare posts then to now.
  • And looking at those older pictures when Ryder was just a wee babe, and I was in braces, I thought how quickly time has gone by. Never realized while going about our day to day lives, but when catching a glimpse of the past, I see just how fast it goes by.
  • I also want to add a button to my Monday posts. I used to be pretty decent with computers and html, but then kids came along, and the going-about-my-day-to-day kind of happened, making my free time on the computer for anything more than a post was out of the question.
  • Have I mentioned my obsession with Pinterest lately??
  • It's funny, I will go months without pinning anything, and then all of a sudden I'm hooked like a kid in a candy store. Recipes, crafts, party planning, ideas for the future and so much more.
  • And speaking of party planning, we officially got into gear today and took on a day filled with pinning, printing, and painting. With the next few weeks starting to fill up, and Scot away a few days this month, I wanted to get a move on pre-party planning as much as I could.
  • I just realized that Ryder starts preschool one week from today. I'm excited for him because it was the first time he seemed excited about school and asked when he starts. I know he will be happy to see some of his classmates from his class last year.
  • I confess that neither myself nor the kids have changed out of our jammies all day. Well, unless you count when I briefly changed shirts on Brynley to take her 11 month picture earlier.
  • Yes that girl is 11 months old today. With all the posts I've been doing, I thought I'd save posting that one for tomorrow. Besides, while I'm being honest, I haven't even started writing it!
  • I'm attempting to make most of the food and decorations for Brynley's birthday party this year. I still love me some Etsy, and just couldn't resist a cute banner and paper straws from there, but the rest I have decided I can try making. I always wanted to in the past for Ryder's parties, but had much less time to craft than I do now.
  • Yes I do realize I just made that statement "much less time than I do now", which sounds like I must have a lot of time on my hands, which just isn't the case.
  • Just ask Scot. Apparantley I have been stating that a lot around here lately. Work in progress to stop telling him that it's hard work and he couldn't do it.
  • I confess I spilled an entire glass of my cocktail I was indulging in last night, all over the back porch, and it is now covered in ants. {oops}
  • I'm getting excited about the coming Fall season. I don't know about ya'll, but we've had a few cool mornings and days lately. Well cool means 78 in comparison to the 98 and 102 temps we've seen around here this summer.
  • Fall means the colors brown and orange, football, Sunday night games, chips and queso andall the yummy stuff in between, both of my kids birthdays and their parties, hayrides and trips to the apple orchard and pumpkin patch, visits to Tweetsie Railroad with my parents and then to Florida for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween to see my inlaws. So many fun things planned for the next season of our life already, so much excitement to be had!
  • And last but not least, I am so excited that I think we have found our theme for our family Halloween costumes this year. In fact, I'm hoping to look at more of them with Scot tonight to be sure, but I can't wait! Remember last years??

No comments:

Post a Comment