Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day Seventeen: Being Great

 
# 17 What is The Thing You Wish You Were Most Great At?

Is there one thing that I can think of that I wish I was better at? Well sure there are plenty of things that I wish I was better at. Like time management and motivation, but the one thing would probably be more organized. Scot takes the cake for being the cleanest and most organized person of the house! I could really learn a thing or two from him. Take my piles for example. This is the livingroom bookcase that holds most of our photo albums for now.
 
Before kids, I still had plenty of piles. My books, magazines, things I'd ripped out to read later or recipes to try. But now that is added to the piles like the kids baby books I need to write in, pictures to be filled in albums or framed, and just miscellaneous things that need to be filed or written about or just thrown away. I am always working on some project or another and this drives Scot NUTS ha!

 This is my side of the bed. That stack is all of my birthday things I've printed or things I want to work on for the kids parties that are coming up. I at least have them in a folder, but as you can see, there's not much room on the table for anything else! Usually at night, I end up dropping my glasses because it's so crowded by papers. I would say it's worse right now than normal because I haven't had time to put everything away properly, with just being home by myself and the kids, and not wanting to clean my pile during any downtime I do get. whew!
So that would definitely be something I wish I were greater at! I always plan to do better at this, but as seasons change, it seems that there's always something else that takes priority over my piles, or I'm always adding something to the project. Holidays, birthdays, Christmas lists, or other lists in general. Crafts to do with the kids, workout tips, etc. The funny thing is, thats's why Pinterest was created, yet some of my piles are things I've actually printed off of Pinterest to try ha!


1 comment:

  1. I am a major piler! I have given up on being organized. Its just not me. As long as I get to where I need to be on time, and am not forgetting things, I guess I am doing ok :) Seems to me you are doing awesome, piles and all :)

    ReplyDelete