Friday, August 17, 2012

Day Eight: Passions



#8 What Are 5 Passions You Have?

Happy Friday! When I started trying to think about what I was passionate about, I really had to think about this one. Passion is such a strong word to describe the way I feel about something. Sure I could say politics, family, food, love, art, travel, photography. But those are all things I love. Well, maybe all except politics. I honestly don't have a strong stance on that but I have my opinions and don't like debating on my blog. Being passionate about something in my mind meant that it was something that was a part of me, and what I couldn't live without. My family is a given, so here are the things I felt most strongly about. More passionate for.

{photo via Google images}

1) To me, being healthy and trying to live an active lifestyle is so so important. Sure I am as guilty as the rest of them for falling off the wagon and consuming way too many chips and queso but just as soon as I feel guilty about it, I jump right back on track. I want my kids to want to be active and eat healthy too. I love my Mom but I know that she is not at a healthy weight. I don't ever want to be model thin, but my goal is to always at least be at a healthy weight for my heart.

{image via Google images}

2) Religion, Having a relationship with Christ- I feel this is a passion of mine, making me a stronger Christian and just knowing Him. I need Jesus in my life to help me be a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend. I need Him to help me through each day. To memorize scripture and try to be more Christ like in my everyday life. I am far from it, and I sin more often than not, but I just try to ask forgiveness for those times and get right back up again, and I couldn't do it without God by my side.

3) Reading- Because it just makes me feel better and gives food to my mind and soul

4) Writing/Blogging- It's a great way to channel feelings, thoughts, expressions, and to connect with others. I have enjoyed writing period all my life. I used to have journals and devotional journals that I tried writing in each day. I guess that's why I love blogging so much now, because it's a way to keep up with my life but also for the friendships I've made sharing all of life's journey.

5) Cooking- I admit that when I was a little girl I never really liked to help my Mom cook. I only liked baking with her. She is a great southern food cook and I did learn many things from her but I just never had a passion for cooking while I was living at home. It wasn't until I had a family of my own and I gained experience myself that my passion for cooking was born. Now part of the fun is searching and pinning recipes to try. I love food blogs, recipes, and tips on making both healthy and indulgent meals that are both fulfilling and tasty!

What are your passions?

No comments:

Post a Comment