Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 11 Months!

Date: August 13th, 2012
Age: 11 Months
Height/Weight/Head measurements: unknown until 12 month well visit
Clothes: 9-12 month
Diaper: size 3 Pampers
Shoe size: {last measured in April was a size 3} however I'm thinking Brynley will need a size 4 soon because she doesn't like wearing her shoes much anymore and I think because her feet have grown. Poor thing has wide feet like her Mama!
Brynley: "Oh boy! These stickers come off and I can play with it! Why didn't I realize this sooner?'

Ryder: "Hey watch me, Brynley! You jump really BIG like this okay??"
Brynley: "ok if you say so!"
Favorite Foods: Well now that Brynley is just weeks from her first birthday, we give her pretty much all of the same things we eat during each meal. With the exception of really hard or crunchy things, or certain fruits (like blueberries and strawberries) that she had diaper rash or seemed to spit up from. There really aren't many things she doesn't like, as long as she gets to feed herself. The baby food pureed pouches are the best invention for Moms on the go, or just when I am trying to get some fruits or veggies in that girl fast! She insists on feeding herself, and they make for easy cleanup! I still puree some of her foods myself, and let her feed some to herself with her hands, like applesauce and pears, and most melons I cube for her. She LOVES cheese and most snacks though, and I have mentioned before one of her fave foods would be the scrambled eggs she eats every morning with her Daddy!

Brynley drank her last bottle of pumped breastmilk today so I was glad to see I got her to her 11 month birthday. Much longer than I did with Ryder, but I think any milk is great! I never thought I'd get this far, but we are in the home stretch now and I will be letting her try whole milk a little at a time soon.

Sleep Habits: For the most part (unless a bad episode of teething or being out of her routine or away from home), Brynley takes two decent naps now, one around 9am for an hr and a half, and another at 2pm, usually 30 minutes. Then she goes to bed by 7:30 and wakes by 6:30 usually. I can tell that she wants to fight the second nap a lot more, which I am not quite ready for her to give up just yet!

Words/Mannerisms: I've noticed a lot more babbling and words from Brynley just over the past week or so! She's now saying "Mama", "DaDa", "Baa", Bahh" which I think is bottle and bath. She points at things that she wants, and is one of her newest things that she does, which is soo cute! Brynley is still such a sweet sweet girl, and is so friendly and loves to smile. Oh that girl has my heart. She wins a lot of hearts with that sweet smile of hers.
Playtime: We have attended so many fun playdates this summer, and it is great to see the babies really starting to interact with one another now. They mostly try taking toys away from one another, like this. Check out that tight grip Brynley has haha! Brynley mostly wants to play with Ryder's toys and anything he is doing. She loves books and loves playing the game where she comes over bringing you random things. She also LOVES climbing the stairs now, and trying to see if she can pull the cover to Ryder's nightlight, and outlet plug protectors out of the wall. We like to call Brynley "Busy Bee" or "Brutus" because she is one busy, strong little girl! She even knocked Ryder off my lap yesterday because she didn't want him sitting in my lap. He was so shocked he didn't know what to do, but I'm glad she's learning to defend herself!

TV shows: Brynley still isn't very interested in watching much tv, but she does look up when some shows come on. I want to let her start watching Baby Einstein DVD's and Sesame Street soon, as her attention span increases.
Big Achievements: Well, aside from walking all over the place, I would have to say learning to climb the stairs, and doing so well at it has been a huge achievement this past month. Also trying to give high fives and waving more and more. Here is a video of Brynley's new achievement she just learned today too!
And for fun, here is Ryder at 11 months vs Brynley. Don't they look like twins!?

My sweet Brynney Brynn,

You are my little puppy dog, following me wherever I go, pawing at me to pick you up and snuggle. I love you so so much and just when I think my heart can't get any fuller, I fall more in love with you each day. You are such a joy and delight, and have become so BUSY in just a short amount of time. Just like I didn't think my heart could love you anymore, I also didn't think you could get any busier, yet you always seem to amaze me. I guess you have to be heard over your big brother and you don't want anything to get in your way! I love you so much baby girl and as much as I want to hold onto these moments tightly and keep you this small forever, I'm also excited to celebrate your first birthday next month too!

Happy 11 Months Baby Girl!!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. How is she already 11 months? That is awesome that she gets to play with other little kids. Hayes has only ever met some cousins. He lives a very sheltered and deprived life. haha. I guess that is what happens when mom and dad work and he stays at home with grandma and grandpa all day. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete