Monday, August 13, 2012

Day Four: Being 16, A List of Things


#4 List 10 Things You Would Tell Your 16 Year Old Self
  1. Don't listen to all of the "Mean Girls" you meet in Middle and Highschool. You will one day find your confidence you only wish you had now.
  2. Stay away from a boy you will meet in college, and later get engaged to. He may seem good looking and shower you in gifts, but he is not the right guy for you. You will end up failing Dental Assisting the first time, because of him, when he got mad at you for not answering your cell phone while you are in lab, and later giving up your dream of being a Dental Hygienist.
  3. Don't put all of your hopes and dreams into Dental Hygiene school. Consider other schools to get a Bachelor Degree in.
  4. Please be more careful when you do start partying in college. God really watches over you and keeps you safe on so many occasions when you decide to drive after drinking. Very bad decision girlfriend!
  5. Learn to LOVE and embrace having that booty! I know you have always been self conscious of having a big booty and hips, but Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, and Coco will come along making the way for girls like you with curves. You will learn you can dance with the best of them!
  6. You won't always be messy. You will marry a man who is a neat freak and will learn to keep a neat house one day too! However, you will always despise cleaning the bathrooms.
  7. The friends you have now will most likely not be the same friends you have once you get older. So just enjoy the time with them now because you will realize friendships will come and go as you grow up and mature, and interests change. But that's okay because it's a part of life!
  8. When your brother Eric comes over one night for love advice, don't steer him in the direction that you do. You will later regret this.
  9. Don't make your Mom feel worse by saying mean things to her about her life with your stepdad. It won't help and will just make her sad.'
  10. And last but MOST importantly, DO NOT hook up with most of the guys you end up hooking up with. They are completely not the right guys for you, and you will find your future husband when you least expect it, when you finally decide to put studies first and get back on track with your life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I wish I could do this. I would like to tell myself that I married my husband. I thought he was a jerk in high school and NEVER would have guessed we would get married.

    I am with you in the booty department except mine came later in life. I realized it on my honeymoon when I was walking by a jamaican and he cat called me and then said "Hey JLO!" I didnt think it was as big of a compliment as he did :)

    ReplyDelete