#14 Describe 5 Strengths You Have
Long story short, Scot goes on an annual Fantasy Football league weekend trip at a lake house with friends. As you may recall, last year I was very pregnant when he went and truly thought I was in labor. He had to end his trip early on my account, so it's all he's talked about for months leading up to this weekend, about how excited he is to go. Well, enter my resentfulness about the fact that he's going away on a guys weekend, to drink and talk nothing but football, while I'm home watching the kids. Am I wrong for being angry? I mean, I agreed to let him go every year to now, so why am I getting upset at him for wanting to go now? I guess part of this is the fact that he's traveled every week this month and I'm at the end of my rope, tired with the kids all day and night and sure I'd like a day off too once in awhile.
So here I sit, steaming after the argument we had about me being "pouty", and I'm #1 holding a grudge, #2 not motivated to do anything but bitch and moan, #3 I certainly yelled, and #4 I sure wasn't very direct about my feelings on all of this until he was literally packing and all the raw emotions just started bubbling up. Guess I need to work on all of this, but I'm still angry that he's out having fun and will be MIA all weekend while I'm SuperMom.. tending to the house and kids.
Anyways, sorry to get off on a tangent, I'm just really bummed out. So on a positive, lighter note, here are my five strengths and then I'm off to watch the Dance Moms marathon I taped to cheer me up!
1) Some might say I'm friendly. In fact that is one of the reasons Scot fell in love with me and married me. Sure I have lost some of that innocence and sweetness as life happened and I've gotten burned a time or two, but deep down I think I'm a genuine person with a kind heart.
2) I'm laid back. Again this may also be on the verge of my laziness at times, but I think it helps in situations where others might get so bent out of shape. On some issues I do get riled up, but please, it's really not the end of the world if a sippy cup leaks milk or the dog poops on the floor and I have to take him outside, or I have to wait in line at the grocery store. Yes these things are annoying, but not the end of the world.
3) For the most part I think I have good self esteem, and confidence. I never had it until becoming an adult. My hair was all wrong or I was worried about my teeth, or braces, or I was not a size 2. But then something amazing happened. I matured, found my body to be attractive to others, gained confidence just by maturing and finding my self in this world. Man I wish I'd had more confidence when I was in highschool, but maybe it's what shaped me into the woman that I am today.
4) I'm nurturing. I come from a long line of nurturers, and find that I like to nurture as well as be nurtured. I try to do the best I can to make others feel welcome or loved, to assure those that need assurance. Or if Scot or one of my loves ones is hurt or sad, frustrated or sick, I try to do my best to help them and take care of them in the way that I can.
5) I usually have good self control. Most of the time, I can walk past a candy jar or chips when I'm on the program of working out and trying to get healthy. This also applies to drinking or whatever the case may be. I just try to stay consistent and if I start something, finish it.
Well, I'm off to veg out for the night and try to enjoy this night of solace. Happy Thursday night!

Ooh, I feel your pain about the guy's weekend, especially with all of the travel. I'm not so great at telling Chris what I'm thinking/feeling, either (I think that I expect him to always put himself in my shoes and be able to just "know" what I'm feeling and thinking... because that's reasonable, right?!?!). Chris travels a lot, too - around New Zealand, to Australia, a trip to the States, a trip to Germany, etc... - and he grew up with parents who let him travel around the world. So, I get resentful when he "gets" to go on business trips and conferences to these places and I'm home with Joe. We've talked (ahem, argued!) about it a lot and will probably have more "talks" about it in the future, because it's definitely a weakness of mine, too :-) I will say that Chris has suggested that I do a girls' weekend at some point, so maybe Scot would be happy to take the kiddoes while you headed out with some friends somewhere!
ReplyDelete