I am turning to all you moms out there to get a little toddler advice about our sleep situation with Ryder. Every night, we all get settled in our room and turn the lights low and usually watch a tv show that he likes before his 8 pm bedtime. Then we would go upstairs, lay him down and he would fall asleep. For a while this routine worked, but as of the past two weeks, it has not been working and we have tried everything to get him to go down. We have tried upping his bedtime, we have put movies in his room with a timer to watch until he gets sleepy, we have opened the gate at the top of the stairs so he can come and go if he gets scared and needs to come downstairs, but nothing is working and he has slept in our Queen sized bed for the last few days and Momma is getting tired of it! We put him in his own crib after he was born when he was less than a week old and he did great, loved being in his bed, and in his room. Now I feel like we have a newborn all over again and it's almost as bad losing sleep! Help! I am at a loss as to what to do. We are going to stick to our guns and keep his bedtime 8pm because I think any earlier or later just never works either. I just don't know what to do when he starts having a tantrum and throwing everything down the stairs in one of his fits to protest bedtime. Last night we let him fall asleep in our room and then my husband carried him to his own bed, only to have him wake up and then we spent the next forty minutes trying to get him back down again. We are just wondering what to do and we let him cry it out but that usually doesn't work until he's cried for over an hour.
I'm hoping and praying for a miracle to happen tonight and that Ryder will go to sleep on his own, but I know that's asking for a lot ha! Well, I'm off to work but I wish everyone a Happy Wednesday Woo Hoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment