So far this year has been a mix of coughs and sneezes, croup and fevers. Ryder started getting fussier than usual this past weekend and just wanted to be held (which I love because I miss those baby moments!) but I knew something must be wrong! Then Sunday morning I heard a frog coughing at the top of the stairs and thought it was the tv on at first ha! Well, after doing some online research and calling my mom to ask what to do for The Croup, she suggested we put him in the bathroom and let hot water run so that he takes in all the steam. I don't remember Ryder getting so sick when he was a baby, but maybe since he is around more kids and more active he is picking more things up. Guess those two flu shots he just had didn't work so well! We tried the steam a few times, and by Monday he was a mess. We let him sleep in the bed with us the past few nights because I wanted to monitor his breathing, which also explains the neck cramps and my right arm feeling like its asleep all the time! I guess getting back into going to work this week hasn't helped with him being sick because it's been a LOOONG week so far and it's only Thursday. Being a mommy is so full of blessings but when your baby is sick makes it that much harder on the mom. I have had such help with Scot and am so fortunate that he is able to work from home so he can stay with Ryder, but it really makes me question if working full time is in best interest for our little family.
I guess on the bright side of things he has two pacis left that we let him have at night and they have been chewed on to the point where he says they are yucky. We tried telling him to throw them away last night but that wasn't happening, so instead he went around the house tucking each under his arms and trying to hide them from us- ha! Maybe from all of this we can actually move on from the paci stage and he will eventually throw them away this week. With all things considered, it hasn't been a bad work week thank goodness. I just hope that we are all well by the weekend. Sheets and clothes are in the wash downstairs as we speak!
Happy Thursday Ya'll!
Oh poor little thing! I have several friends with kids who've said that cold season is really hitting them hard this year : ( Hope he gets to feeling better very SOON!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day, girlie!