Thursday, January 13, 2011

Florida Here We Come!

Well, we just left my work about 2 hours ago and we are on our way to Florida! As it stands, we're still passing snow on the highway and that's saying a lot because we went from the lake norman area to Charlotte, and now we're past Columbia, SC and I still see a white reflection as our headlights shine on the snow. That must have been some snow storm we got, and I heard we are supposed to get even more this coming week! I'm already craving warm beaches and sunny blue skies, but this time we're just visiting my in-laws, no beach trips are in the works.

So far Ryder has been really good watching Thomas in the backseat and singing along to the songs every now and then, but we'll see if he does as well on this trip as he did to New Hampshire last month. I got the best end of the stick because I can catch up on my blog reads and facebook updates while Scot drives, but I did tell him I would take turns with the drive. Ok literally as I was typing Ryder started getting bored with Thomas and started begging for Ponyo so as I grabbed the other DVD I noticed there was a wet sticky substance at the bottom of his travel bag. Turns out it was cough syrup. Yay sticky mess. Now he's crying so maybe I typed that last paragraph too soon. On the up side to things, we still have about 7 hours to go!

Here's hoping for safe travels and an all around good time!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment: