Sunday, January 23, 2011

All Good Things Must Come to an End..

It's Sunday night, which always seems to be so depressing in our house going back to work the next day as reality sets in that the weekend is O.V.E.R. I wasn't always this way, but the older I get and the more I start missing my time being away as a mommy from Ryder, it seems to get worse and worse. Yesterday I got a call from my sister in law asking if Scot and I wanted to join she and my brother for a movie matinee. Thinking that we already had plans, she was surprised that I told her we already had my mom planning to babysit for the night and that we would love to catch a movie with them. It had been since Christmas since we had seen them, and so it was as good an excuse as any to get together. We decided on Little Fockers, and if there is anything to tell you about my husband, it is the fact that he is not one to willingly go to the movie theater. He says that he hates to spend money watching a movie when teenage kids are talking and on cell phones, and just in general the crowds munching on their popcorn the entire time (I'm guilty of this too ha!) This is one of his quirks, and instead we end up catching lots of movies on DVD and I don't really miss the movie theater experience other than the yummy popcorn loaded with butter. So you can imagine my shock when he was excited about going to the movies. In his defense he will gladly go to a matinee, he just doesn't like going during prime time. We laughed on our way to meet my brother and his wife, trying to think of the last movie we saw together in the theater, and came up with Night at the Museum. I guess that Ben Stiller really gets us out ha!

Since I didn't bring my camera, I wanted to take a picture on my camera phone of this monumental event! I think it goes without being said that we need to go see movies in the theater more often. We met my mom and stepdad in the same parking lot as the movies and dropped Ryder off with them. It was a win win situation for everyone since Ryder was missing his Nana and Pawpaw, and we were so ready for a toddler-free night and the chance to sleep in! We met up with my brother and his wife, and then headed inside for snacks and drinks, one of the best parts of the movie. It was a cute movie, and there were probably three other movies out that I would have loved to see too, including Black Swan and No Strings Attached, but I will have to go back with my girlfriends to see those. It ended up being the best night we had in a long time, and it was so nice to get out and have fun. After the movie we went out to Fox and Hound for a glass of wine and beer for the guys. It was just what the Dr ordered, and we were back home by early evening to eat our dinner of takeout Japaneese food and catching up on a weeks worth of DVR'd shows. Let me tell you this is far from the lifestyle we once had in the early years of dating, but I wouldn't trade these years for those anyday! It made me once again realize how much in love I am with my husband, and having uninterrupted conversations was so nice. Yes all things must come to an end, including the weekends, but it was a good one to end on, and I already told my mom that I will need her again in a few weeks, that it had been too long ha! We got to sleep in some this morning and go to the late service at church which was nice, and I feel very fortunate to have my mom so close to watch Ryder when we need a break. I hope ya'll had a good weekend too, and if you have any good movie suggestions I'm all ears!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice weekend! I would love to go to the movies/and date with my husband... but I always feel so guilty asking my mom or someone else to watch my kids.. or I feel like I have to hurry. I hope don't feel this way when they are older.

    I guess we will see Little Fockers when it comes to DVD. HA!

    ReplyDelete