This morning, Ryder ran from door
to door in excitement over the snow we had gotten overnight! Scot and I were just as overjoyed because we were all ready for a Snow Day to relax and play in the snow. After eating a pancake breakfast that Scot had made, we all got geared up to play outside in the snow. I was being a baby at first saying that I didn't feel well enough to get out in the cold, but quickly realized I didn't want to miss out on a chance to take cute pictures of Ryder frolicking in the snow.
Since Ryder didn't want to ride shotgun in the baby sled, Tucker quickly took up on the offer and we walked to the entrance of our neighborhood to get to the best hill to sled down. At 9 in the morning, our little townhome community was very active and I was shocked to see a few cars driving in the snow! Being southern, I grew up knowing you never drive in snow or ice, which makes for most of the businesses and schools to be closed. You just relax and make the best of the snow by sledding, having snowball fights, making snow cream, and building snowmen. I guess this doesn't apply to everyone out there, but it's one of the things I love about the South!
Yeah, Ryder wasn't so fond of the wearing the gloves, and I think he downright hated it! That was until he had taken them off and then quickly reazlized he was cold and wanted them back on. This made for some fun trying to get his gloves back on him with my big snow gloves all the while carrying the video camera and my SLR camera without dropping either of them. Then he wanted to be held as we walked to the sledding hill and it was about that time that I questioned whose idea this all was to begin with.And then I saw this pretty sight and thanked God for the snow day that he had given us, and it was like he was shining down on us as I looked up and saw this one ray of sunlight beaming down upon the day.
After getting a picture with my babies, Scot was ready for all the action that he had sold us on by getting out in the cold, and he hiked up the hill with his saucer, ready to go down! His theory was that Ryder would watch him come down and see all the fun that he was having and then he too would want to join in all the fun.
Lets just say that when Ryder saw how fast his daddy was coming down the hill that it did quite the opposite! He took a nose dive almost into the snow bank but it was all in good fun! We're thinking that Ryder will like the snow more in another year, but it was still fun to get out and play in the snow.
Tucker was a good sport and played in the snow, and even let us use the sled on the way back to haul Ryder in, and to carry the cameras. I decided to hold him since his paws were just covered in snow. He was so cute wearing his coat and playing in the snow, but after our little snow adventure, I think we were all ready to go inside to warm up and let our snow clothes dry out! I tried convincing Ryder to build a snowman, but he just wasn't having any part of the snow, and was on the verge of a meltdown. Instead, we changed clothes and warmed up by making cookies from a package of snickerdoodle mix that Nana and Pawpaw had given to Ryder for Christmas. I had intended to whip up a batch of good old fashioned snow cream, but we were out of cream and I didn't think 1% milk would do the snow cream justice. The cookies were just as good and we all had three a piece! Yum! What a way to spend a cold snowday.












Love the pictures! Ryder looks like he was having a lot of fun. Looks like you got a lot more snow than we did. We actually ran out of salt in our county and a few surrounding counties... thats why our roads were covered with snow and not plowed! Crazy!
ReplyDelete