It's Tuesday and we are still covered up to our ears in snow and ice, and after watching a few minutes of the local news, it was recommended to stay inside today and not get on the roads unless necessary. I was a little nervous after hearing this because as it stood, I was supposed to get to work by 10. It all started making me worry that I wouldn't want to be on the roads, and then my sweet husband said that if I ended up going in to work that he would drive me there. Hallelujah. My next thought was that even if we went to work, what patients would show up to have their teeth cleaned? I for one wouldn't risk my life to drive to a dental appointment! To top my woes, I started thinking that I went from bad to worse when I started losing my voice with my congestion, and that I could star as the lead Mucinex character! My worries were all in vain because shortly after that I got a text from Dr G saying that it looks like we will have another snow day off from work. I thanked God for this extra day to recover from whatever virus that I had, and tried to play with Ryder the best I could without using my voice. Scot came down to take over so I could rest and while I was resting I had a few thoughts.
- I have enjoyed the past few days off from working and it really made me question as to whether or not I could handle being a Full Time Stay at Home Mom. I used to think that with a passion I wanted to, but that wasn't further from reality after Ryder was born and I learned I was better having a place to be everyday so that I could get out of my breast milk stained shirts and spit up covered pants. Things have certainly gotten a lot easier since those early weeks and I'm sure that I was having a few too many "baby blues" moments back then. Staying home wasn't an option at the time, financially, either, so maybe I pushed that idea away as quickly as it came into my mind. Lately all I can think about is how much fun we would have if I stayed home and I could then get pregnant with another baby and be the ideal SAHM. I know that both working and staying home both have their advantages and disadvantages, and I am just hoping that God will show me the way. I am just thinking out loud, because as it stands I know that staying home in the next year isn't even an option, but it's still been nice this past week to see what it would be like.
- I have also been thinking that I have been watching a little too much tv, and not working out or doing anything very productive. I know that a lot of this had to do with staying home with Ryder when he got sick, and then when Scot and I got sick, neither of us have felt very motivated to do anything. I have read a few other blogs recently and a lot of other moms out there have kicked it into high gear lately and started doing Weight Watchers. I read with envy because I too would love to join, and to be honest I don't know whats even keeping me from it other than the fact that we are "trying" for another baby soon. (silly excuse I know!) I also came to this conclusion that I may be watching too much tv, when both DVR's started filling up and Scot got irritated with me because he couldn't watch the game because I had so many things recording at the same time ha! oops- I guess I had them taping on both tvs. January is great tv watching time, and it just so happens that in addition to the existing shows I watch (ie Greys Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, and Real Housewives) that I just added the new season of the Bachelor, mostly because I am pulling for Emily because I have a mutual friend with her. Well, that and the fact that Brad is so hot! Then when I thought my happy tv watching days couldn't get any better, Bravo ran a marathon of both Tabitha's Salon Takeover and Millionaire Matchmaker. The only thing missing would be The Rachel Zoe Project. Bananas. I die!
-I'm excited about our upcoming trip to Florida to see Scots parents but I am also nervous. Nervous that we will still have whatever cold we all have, and nervous that Ryder will be thrown from his routine and start wanting his paci again. (and you know how hard we've tried with him to finally give that thing up!) I've also been thinking about how happy our relationship with them has been going and I'm only praying that it will continue to do so, which was why I had the idea to drive there in the first place, since I just so happened to have a few extra days off from work. These travel plans had all taken place before the NC Blizzard of January 2011! As it stands, we are still planning to head there this Friday, but we will see how things go!
-Lately I have also been craving church and praying that we will start going again. I talk to God much more on a regular basis now than I can ever remember, but I am lacking the church environment and Life Group that just 6 months ago we were so much a part of. I still don't really know what went wrong there, and as the trend seems to be with all of the thoughts I have had recently, is that we start things and don't continue with them. I have been reading my Bible and trying to do devotions when I can, but quite honestly I just haven't made myself do my quiet time everyday. I just hope that we either start going to our existing church and re-evaluate what it is that kept us from wanting to go these past months, or find a new church home. I really want to surround myself with other fun christian moms around my age that I can get together with.
I will leave you with a few videos that also makes me see just how fast that toddler of mine is getting! He is so smart and loves counting his numbers and saying his letters, even if he doesn't get them right all the time. He LOVES this kitchen set that my parents brought over a few months ago, even with Scot's resistance (ha!) but he loves to "cook" and has learned how to pretend and use that little imagination of his.
Not only does Ryder love to count lately, but he also loves to dance. He was doing all kinds of silly dances last night and then Scot got the idea to play leap frog (or something he made up) with Ryder which I thought was pretty cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment