Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Bump: 6 Weeks!


Date: January 24th, 2011
How Far Along: 6 weeks
Size of the Baby: a lentil
Maternity Clothes: none yet, but pants feel tighter
Gender: too early to tell
Movement: none yet
Sleep: same as usual for now
Cravings/Aversions: everything is starting to turn my stomach, like literally I open the food pantry and nothing looks appetizing. Eating bland foods like bread or bagels with cream cheese helps but even going into the grocery store makes me so sick just smelling all the foods YUCK! This is all new to me because I never got nauseus with Ryder.
Mood: still happy, but I get irritated a lot quicker and I have had some moodiness, snappiness according to Scot, less patient at work too
Symptoms: nauseus morning, noon, and night. Since no one at my office knows I'm pregnant this has proven to be a challenge to hide my strong nausea. I have had headaches, mild cramping, and weird ligament cramps every now and then I guess from my stretching uterus. My nipple area and breasts are more sore and they are getting much fuller and more uncomfortable. Of course there is the unpleasant pregnancy symptoms like unwanted gas that comes out of nowhere now too ha! I have also noticed an increase in my saliva and more sensitivity when brushing my teeth. I have had to get up usually once early in the morning to have to pee. I am starting to see a very tiny pooch and I love holding my hand there.
Highlights this week: Calling Scot's Aunt Sandi and telling her the news on her birthday Jan 26th. It was a very sad time the past few months and it was so good to have something exciting to look forward to for her. Also my first OB appt with Dr Peacock which was just a confirmation appt.
Husband-isms: In a discussion about my little pooch, and my regular pants feeling tighter, and me getting worried that co-workers will start to suspect something before I'm ready to tell them, Scot remarks "Maybe if you'd been working out this whole time, you wouldn't be showing yet."
Yes dear, because it isn't proven for a woman's second pregnancy to start showing earlier or anything ha!
Weird Dreams: I woke up to a dream that I was a contestant on the Bachelor (Jake Pavelka's season) but I was pregnant ha!
What I Miss: Nothing yet

No comments:

Post a Comment