Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Random Wednesday

  • Well, it has certainly been a roller coaster of a week so far! I've had lots of emotions, from thinking I was in labor one minute and preparing myself that we would be bringing home a baby anyday, to feeling like I wasn't having labor symptoms at all and not having a clue when Brynley will get here! I am continuing to pray and find myself most comforted still with the bible verse from Philippians 4:6.
  • I can definitely tell that Brynley has dropped, which is good news to my ribcage and lungs, bad news to my pelvic floor and my urgency ha!
  • I am looking forward to my next OB appointment this Friday. I can't wait to find out if I have "changed" any. I also have questions to ask regarding having my tubes tied. Scot and I have talked and weighed many different options as far as child planning is concerned, and we both agree that we are done with having babies once we know that Brynley will make it into this world okay. We have looked into all of our options and it just seems to make the most sense for me to have the procedure, as I will already be in the hospital. I just need to ask more about the actual procedure before going ahead with anything. I've heard it's not that big of a deal and the recovery is 1-2 days max.
  •  This little man got a haircut with his Daddy yesterday and this was the picture I got while they were out. I think this week has been hard on Ryder too, as he seems to be confused and wondering where his baby sister are. I am so thankful to just have two work days left before getting to stay home with him!
  • The girls at my office threw me a surprise Baby shower yesterday that I had just found out about this week. I was so excited to be having a shower for my little girl, and got a lot of really cute goodies! I brought my camera but somehow managed to just get a few pictures. I felt honored because Dr G ended up staying for the party, and he normally avoids all girl themed showers. He said it was also my Going Away party so as long as no baby shower games were going on he was good ha! He even ended up being the one to write out the gifts I received which was a joke with all of us.
  • Among the goodies I received were clothes, tutus, onesies, dresses, pants, leggings, socks, a Lamaze purple giraffe toy, a really sweet book with pictures of babies and puppies, bath goodies, towels, a robe, and washcloths, diapers, and wipes. Of course there were cute cards and candies too!
  • The food was delish and so was the cake!
  • I haven't felt well at work today so my sweet husband came by to offer moral support and to take me to lunch. We had Chick-Fil-A (I had my usual pregnancy craving of nuggets, carrot raisin salad, and a diet lemonade..YUM!) Overall I'm just kind of achy and have had cramping through the morning.
  • With that being said, I am so glad my last day of work is tomorrow. It will be a good day, but sad all the same. It has also been what's given me strength to get through this last week.
  • These are the products I have been loving lately. Gold Bond body powder for my stretching, itchy skin, Dr Scholls feet scrub and heel repair for my swollen pregnant feet, and Curel Itch Defense lotion for my aching back and body. Lately I have been one lucky girl to get lots of back rubs at the end of the day when my body is just exhausted.
  • Speaking of being pampered, I would love to get one last pedicure before Brynley gets here. Now that she might not be coming for a few more days or weeks, it has given me the chance to think of some things on my to do list.
  • I would also like to order Brynley some cute monogrammed hats to wear when she is so small. I have been on the look for the cutest ones on Etsy and have found so many, it's hard to just choose one!
  • I'd also like to make one last trip to the MAC makeup counter to stock up on my faves. I don't want to be looking a hot mess once Brynley gets here because makeup does a girl good! These are just a few of the randoms going on in this head of mine. I will be updating ya'll on my upcoming OB appointment, and hoping for good news. I'm looking forward to my last day tomorrow and starting this new chapter in my life as I get ready to become a SAHM!
  • What are your randoms??

No comments:

Post a Comment