Thursday, August 18, 2011

Ryder's Reads

Well, I've been a neglectful mom as far as posting milestones of Ryder are concerned lately. Once Ryder turned two last November, I made the decision not to continue posting each monthly update because I didn't want to refer to my child as "68 months", however, now that I am realizing Ryder will be 3 in just three months, I feel that there are so many changes taking place each day that I don't want to forget them! Here's what Ryder has been up to lately.
 Dear Ryder,
 -In May you officially turned 2 and 1/2
-I can't believe you will turn 3 in just 3 months this November!
-When we ask you how old you are, you say two.
-When we ask you how old you will be this November, you hold up 2 fingers and say "free"
-When we ask when your birthday is, you know "November Eighteen".
-Sometimes we have to help you with the month, but you always remember Eighteen!
-Recently, Mommy asked you what you wanted to do for your birthday and you said:
"I want a zoo party!", so a zoo party is just what you will have!
Mommy will have to get busy soon planning your party, before Brynley gets here.
 -You are my smart boy and always have been!
-You can count from one to twenty and we are starting to do flash cards with all your numbers.
-You love to sing the ABC song, and get them in the right order most of the time.
-You definitely know all of your colors, even gray and brown.
-One day Mommy caught you pulling captain berries out of your cereal bowl and naming them by color one by one, before popping them in your mouth! You also do this with other foods.
-Speaking of colors, while riding in the car, when we pull up to a traffic light, you shout out from the backseat:
"Red light..that means stop" or if it's green, you will say "Green means go Daddy!" 
-We ask you where you live and you always know to say "Mooresville, North Carolina"
-We don't even have to ask your full name anymore.
-When someone asks what your name is, you gladly reply:
"Ryder David Gelinas!!!"
-If we kid around with you and call you a nickname, you will quickly respond:
"No, I Ryder David Gelinas!!!"
 You love to color and paint, and are learning to stay in the lines much better!
Nana was impressed that you could hold a crayon the right way!
-Playtime is your favorite thing to do!
-You love all of your trucks but are obsessed with garbage trucks, dump trucks, monster trucks, race cars, helicoptors, jet skis, police cars, and ambulances.
you love animals too!
-Sharks, crabs, reptiles, and penguins are your faves, but you do NOT like bugs!
-Anytime we see a bug outside you freak out and even if it's the tiniest spec, you think it's a spider or ant.
-I love coming home from work and watching you play before bed.
-You have a special bond with your Daddy, and love your time with him playing legos.
-That is probably what you ask to do each and everynight right now,
and Daddy never complains, always builds every kind of truck or jetski you ask for!
 -It melts my heart to see the two of you play together.
-You love to play rough with Daddy,
whether it's "riding the surfboard",
or "jumping waves on your jetski"
but you still love your Mommy, and play nice with me too!
-Sometimes I have to remind you to be careful with me since I'm carrying Brynley.
-I think you are starting to understand more and more,
and I think you are even excited!
-You love popsicles and ask for one every afternoon when you get home from school.
Mommy loves to share one too!
-Other favorite foods are rice, pancakes, oranges, yogurt, oatmeal, cheerios, Lucky charms, and noodles.
-Unfortunately you just don't like meat, but neither does Mommy so maybe that's where you got it!
-We try to still offer you whatever it is we are eating, and sometimes you will give it a try.
-Yes you are a picky eater.
-This wears Mommy and Daddy out somedays, trying to get you to eat,
but you seem to be growing just fine and at least you love your fruits!
- Lately, you have befriended Igloo the Penguin.
-You still love Goosey and Lovie, and sleep with them every night,
but you LOVE penguin, and even refer to him as "Baby".
-This all started recently, around the time we started preparing for Brynley and getting all of your old baby stuff out. I think it's so cute to watch you interact and talk with "Baby".
-You bring him with you everywhere we go!
-Daddy has even started leaving him in your carseat so you see him as soon as he picks you up from school.
-I think you will be a wonderful big brother,
seeing the way you are so gentle with "Baby".
 -It was all I could do not to laugh when I saw you gingerly place "Baby" next to you to color.
-Seeing you love your penguin so much warms my heart,
and I worry what we are going to do when it's time to wash him!
-We got it at Sea World in June at one of the prize booths, and I don't know that he will withstand the washing machine ha!
-You even have to have "Baby" right next to you while watching your morning shows.
-Some of your favorites lately are Umizoomi, Caillou, Superwhy, Sid the Science Kid, and Little Einsteins.
-We watch Popeye at night before bed and this makes Daddy so happy,
because he loved Popeye as a kid too! (and Mommy too)
-You love to sing and dance. Reggae is Daddy's favorite, and I'm starting to think it's yours too!
-We sing Bible songs and nursery rhymes,
and you crack up at Humpty Dumpty and Little Miss Muffet.
- We can officially say you are potty trained for both pee and poo (yay!)
-You wear big boy underwear and always let us know when you need to go.
-You look so cute in your big boy undies!
-Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you for becoming potty trained,
but you always remind us for a treat if we forget to reward you afterwards
 -Mommy still calls you her Goose
and Daddy has so many nicknames for you too!
-You have such a kind heart and a sweet personality most of the time,
but are showing signs of tantrums again (and we thought you were through!)
You also have a lot of Daddy's personality in you- like being very organized and hate to be dirty!
 -You got your first "tattoo" when you stayed at Nana and Pawpaws last weekend
-You loved the fire truck so much you wouldn't let us wash it for 2 days!
-I asked you to show me your tattoo and to show me your "biker face"
-Bedtime is still a chore,
but you love to brush your teeth and get the sugar bugs off.
-Mommy hopes and prays that you aren't missing any of your adult teeth like her!
-We put you to bed by 8:15 and you usually come down at least once or twice.
Some of the things you say, for reasons you come down are: "I heard a beep", "I need more water", "I can't find Lovey (or Goosey, or Pillow), "I heard a noise", "I have to go pee pee", "I want blue stars".
-We are still working on this, trying to get you to go right to bed,
but we know that it's just a phase and at least you sleep until 6 most days.
-My favorite part of the night is walking to your room, tucking you in, and saying prayers as a family.
-You always want to bless Mommy and Daddy and Brynley, and both sets of grandparents too.
-Just when we think you are done naming everyone, you ask to bless Tucker our yorkie too
 -You absolutely love bath time!
-It amazes me how brave you are in the bath, jumping, splashing, and ducking your head under.
-You only do this in the "baffy tub" and would never do this in the pool!
-You love your new big boy room and I love how we decorated it in a surf and ocean theme.
-Sometimes you say the funniest things.
-The other night you told me "There's no monsters or ghosts in this house."
-I have no idea what that refers to, but it could have been after watching Scooby Doo one night ha!
-You also told me "Mommy you are the best Mommy ever" out of the blue one day.
It was at a time when I needed to hear it the most, and I even started crying when you told me!
-I still think God was behind that, because I had been having a difficult day, doubting myself as a mom.

Your Daddy and I are so blessed to be your Mommy and Daddy and thank God everyday for having you in our life. We vow to raise you and love you always, and as you get closer to turning THREE
I vow to remember these moments, because they pass by too quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment