Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Wednesday

I am really starting to love Random Wednesdays because it gives me a chance to brain dump and it seems that lately I have so much going on in this pregnancy brain of mine!

  • For a lot of the schools in our area, this week marks the first week back to school. It's all everyone keeps talking about these days, whether it's coworkers or patients I see. I haven't given much thought to this until today as I heard the buses driving through our neighborhood this morning. It made me realize how quickly time will pass, before I'm kissing Ryder goodbye on his first day of Kindergarten. The thought of that makes me want to hold on tighter and cherish these next few years before that time comes.
  • I woke up Monday morning with really bad back pain, and was in tears by the time I had to get ready for work. I'd had such a nice rest from work over the last few days and the weekend, and I was literally dreading going in for the next 2 weeks. I am just trying to take it day by day, and hope that it either gets better, or that I will get induced sooner than later!
  • I got to enjoy a lunch date with Scot on Monday, after he came to my office for a dental cleaning. He let me pick the place (House of Tapei, because I was having a green bean chicken pregnancy craving) and I knew they would be fast and yummy. I love my lunch dates I get to spend with my husband, and I know that soon enough our time together will be put on a back burner once again, until we get into a routine with 2 kids. After we ate, we had time to kill so we just hung out talking, and then Scot turned to me and said he knew I had been having a hard week already, and had a surprise for me. He pulled out this card, and inside was a picture of the iphone I have been dying to have! I have to wait until my contract with my Blackberry ends in September, and then I will get my very own iphone. YAY! I told him the sweet card was just what I needed to get through the next few days, and the iphone will be an added bonus. I love my sweet husband, and his words were just the encouragement that I needed this week.
  • I got an email the other day reminding me that Britney Spears and DJ Pauly D, from Jersey Shore will be in the Charlotte area this week. As a huge fan of Britney Spears, my 20 year old self was laughing at my 28 year old self right now. Pregnant and large and in charge. There is no way that I should be getting emails reminding me of what's going on in the Queen City, as if I'm part of the club scene anymore! Ha! It was just a reminder of my young, carefree, no responsibility whatsoever self that I used to be, and it made me realize just how much I've changed. I love my life and I love that I am about to become a mommy again, and the thought of going out to the clubs and getting home at all hours of the night was enough to make me laugh. I'm thankful I've reached the point where I'm at in my life and I wouldn't go back to my young 20's self to trade lives for anything.
  • It's 68 degrees here this morning, and it literally feels like Fall is in the air. And I love it! I've already skimmed through my September issue of Southern Living, scouring the pages for some yummy apple filled recipes to possibly make. Doesn't that Apple Cream Cheese Bundt cake look amazing? Well, anything with cream cheese in it has to be good right? Between school starting back up, sport signups underway, football season, leaves starting to fall, boots and jeans lining the windows of the stores in the mall, and the weather feeling like a breath of fresh air lately, it just screams FALL! The biggest excitement about Fall also means that Brynley will be here in the next few weeks and I can't wait :)
  • I had my weekly OB appointment this morning and found out that I am 1 cm dilated (YAY!) and my cervix was soft, both good news to hear. My blood pressure was good, weight was good (I had gained a pound this week),and Miss B's heartbeat was nice and strong. She was sleeping at first, which caused for a soft and low heartbeat, so my midwife gently pushed to wake her up, and her heartbeat started beating even faster which was music to my ears! From here on out, I will go every week and will find out if I have dilated anymore. In addition to having recent back pain, I have also had lots of cramping, but still no spotting, so I don't think I will go into labor just yet. My midwife said that I was measuring right at 36 weeks, and that Brynley had turned so that she is in perfect position for delivery. She went ahead and called the hospital and scheduled an induction date for September 13th, unless I go into labor before then. I think it really sank in, especially when I later told Scot the news, that we would have a baby by September 13th!
  • This morning I had plans to take Ryder to a playdate through Meetup, an online group of moms I met with other kids around Ryder's age. We were going to go to the Charlotte Mecklenburg fire museum and see lots of fire trucks. As we headed uptown and I got ready to park, I got a text that the Meetup had been cancelled, but they were still meeting for lunch. I decided to forego the play date altogether, and make other plans with just Ryder and I. Instead, we went to the Discovery Place Kids in our area. Ryder was not a happy camper at first, because it was all we had talked about, him getting to see lots of Firetrucks, and meet new friends, and I had to try to explain to him that we would still have a fun day, we just had a change of plans. By the time we pulled into the Discovery Place parking lot, he was all smiles again, and ready to see what was in store for him.

  •  

  • I think it's safe to say, after seeing these pictures, and the BIG smile on Ryder's face, that we had a good time! We had been once before, back in March with my inlaws and Scot's Aunt and Uncle, but it was nice to come just the two of us and we played until it was time for lunch. Ryder was such a cutie as he played right along with the bigger kids. It was more crowded than I thought, but I guess some kids still have a few more days before going back to school.
  • We came home to see Daddy was home from work and was cleaning the house. Does it get any better than this? Ryder wanted to "help" by getting his lawn mower and pretending to vacuum too. I love these guys and can't wait to spend the rest of my day off with them.
Happy Randoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment