Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby Bump: 34 Weeks!

Date: August 8th, 2011
How Far Along: 34 weeks!
Size of the Baby: a cantelope
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: movement is about every hour! She's always busy after lunch and before bed (and during sometimes too, especially when lying on my side.) Sometimes she bumps me so hard that I feel like my body shakes from her jolt and it makes me wonder what is she doing in there ha!
Sleep: I haven't slept well all week, still having some pregnancy insomnia and I just can't seem to get comfortable anymore. I don't know if it's because it's so hot outside and I'm so hot in the house or if I'm just at "that point" in my pregnancy, but I'm hoping to catch up on my much needed rest by this weekend
Cravings/Aversions: I got a weird craving for Muenster cheese while at the grocery store this week. When I got home and sliced a piece to eat, it wasn't as good as I remembered, kind of bland. Maybe this pregnancy has changed my taste buds too! I really don't have much of an appetite for anything lately
Symptoms: lots of mood swings this week (maybe due to my lack of sleep), getting up to pee no less than 5 times a night, strong braxton hicks contractions, pregnancy insomnia, and lack of appetite. Also my fingers have swelled some, which is a first with both pregnancies, so I made sure to up my water intake, thinking it was from the heat and dehydration. It seemed to do the trick because I sure didn't want to chance my wedding band getting stuck! On a positive note (because I really sound whiny all the time, sorry!) I have enjoyed having a bigger bump and feeling like Brynley is getting bigger, which means she is gaining weight and getting stronger and ready to be welcomed in the world in just a few more weeks and I can't wait! I love her so much already and I would go through all of these symptoms and more if it means getting her in the end
Mood: I'm not gonna lie. I've been a little tired and crabby this week and I know it has to be from lack of sleep. I guess this is God's way of preparing mother's for when the newborn baby gets here, but the fact that I am still working Full time, and still caring for a husband and toddler when I come home proves to be challenging. I have a wonderful husband who helps tremendously, so I really shouldn't complain, and I really need a mood adjustment! I am however, excited about my OB appointment tomorrow, and glad to be off tomorrow so I can enjoy a nice long weekend
Highlights this week: Miss B's chandelier came in the mail! (pictures to come) and I LOOOOVE it so much! It really completes her room and I can't wait to have my stepdad hang it and install the dimmer this weekend. I was disappointed that the side table we ordered from Amazon shipped and arrived here yesterday, and it just wasn't what I had in mind like what it looked like online. It was much taller and wider in person, even though we measured everything, I guess not everything is always as it appears when shopping for things online. Oh well, I'm just thrilled with how much I love the chandelier and I'm sure we can return the table and find something else in the meantime. I will be back to update ya'll on my OB visit tomorrow, and hoping for good news and making progress. I'm sure Brynley has gained another pound by the way I've felt so much bigger this week
What I Miss: sleeping well and having more energy

No comments:

Post a Comment