It's Friday night, and while Scot is busy watching the Panthers play Miami in one of their many pre-season games, I decided to post some pictures from what we've been up to the past few days. I don't normally blog so much in one day, but having these past few days off has made for some excellent blogging material and fun with my family. I am really getting used the being home and having the three of us together, so going back to work Monday is going to be FUN.. not!
After our shop-til-you-drop extravaganza on Wednesday, my feet, legs, baby bump, and uterus were all begging for a day of rest, so that's just what we did on Thursday. I told Scot if my Braxton Hicks contractions didn't get better that I would start thinking they were the real deal. I took this as a sign I needed rest, and turns out they were just Braxton Hicks. I got a lot done as far as blogging, working on Brynley's baby book, and updating pictures and weekly updates in my pregnancy journal were concerned though! By Thursday night we were ready to have some fun, so we decided to try a new pizza place that just opened near us. For living in such a "small" town, we sure seem to have a pizza place on every corner!
The pizza was good and the company was even better! Of course "Baby" had to come along too..
I literally went from feeling full to starving in 0-9 seconds, so I was more than ready to eat as soon as our waiter sat down our pepperoni and cheese delight! I had to get Scot posing next to it first though. I ate one slice and felt fuller than ever, and then starting feeling weird, so I decided one slice was plenty. I don't know what was going on with me, but I had been nauseus all day, and thought I was getting sick at one point. I'm fine now, so I'm thinking I may have just overdone it the past few days cleaning, organizing, shopping, and playing.
Because Ryder was so behaved at dinner, we promised to show him the wood fire after we ate, so he could see where they made the pizza. He loved the fire and got to watch as they threw the pizza dough in the air, and then after flattening it out and adding yummy toppings, got to see it thrown into the burning flame. He thought this was really cool!
I meant to post these pictures on my Baby Bump post, but had a case of pregnancy brain and totally forgot all about it! Scot installed the carseat base and then put Brynley's carseat in to see how it looked. I'm not gonna lie, as usual these days, I got a little emotional and excited!
So this is what the view while driving will be like, looking back at both of my babies! It's surreal to think Miss B will be here in just a few more weeks. Ryder will be happy to have a friend in the backseat with him to keep him company. It is definitely starting to look more cramped in the Jeep now ha! Today just consisted of grocery shopping and taking Ryder with us to our little downtown area to check out one of the new baby boutiques and see what was going on. I thought the way they had used the old crib and converted it as a planter was adorable. We had seen this little boutique a few weekends ago, but it was too early while we were there, and they hadn't opened yet. I was on the hunt for a cute baby hat with a bow, and just wanted to check it out. I saw lots of cute clothes and shoes, and lots of adorable bows, but didn't find any hats with bows like what I wanted. I guess I will have to check on etsy.
Part of the store is an antiques store, so I saw this southern belle dress next to a fine china area and thought it was too cute not to take a picture of. Could you imagine the undergarments and they had to wear back then to fit in something like this ha! While I was browsing the baby section, Scot kept Ryder busy by showing him all of the cute hand painted tables and chairs. He fell in love with a Thomas the Train table, but we informed him that we had just bought he and Brynley one for the art area up in our loft at home. Anything to avoid a terrible two meltdown ha!
We made one last stop to Target.. aka Ryder's favorite store EVER! He asks to go about everyday on our way to taking him to school, and we always say we will go on the weekend. We stocked up on coffee while we were near World Market, and I think we made out well at the Dollar Spot while we were at Target.Here's the loot we made out with from the Dollar Spot at Target. Friends had told me about the wonderful area of Target as you first walk in, so I always make a point to stop in and see if there are any cute goodies that Ryder or Brynley might like. As you might remember, this was where I found the capsules that turn into dinosaur sponges that Ryder just adores! Of the things I found were ABC refrigerator magnets, sandwich boxes for both Ryder and Brynley, flash cards and stickers for good behavior.
The last stop of the day, before heading home, was a quick trip to the library. We loaded up and I was so happy to find the "I Stink" DVD of Ryder's favorite book. The book had been checked out, so the DVD worked just as well!
He's not actually yelling here, but telling me "Stinky Garbage Truck".
We couldn't end the day without playing legos, and here is Scot showing off one of his many creations. He cracks me up the way he naturally just makes something up, meanwhile I can hardly put together a block house! Poor Ryder, when he asks me to build him something, he always looks a little disappointed when compared to Scot's creations!
While at the grocery store, I decided to follow through with some organic shopping, so I picked up some of these apple sauce blends for Ryder. I am hoping it will be a creative way to get him to eat some veggies!Of course I stocked up on my Naked drinks and coconut water, and bought Ryder some organic Yo toddler yogurt in place of his sugary dye-filled yogurts he had been eating lately. Again, I am trying to sneak in veggies anyway that I can, and as much as he loves his yogurt I think it might do the trick!
For dinner, we had mexican and I made this yummy black bean avacado salsa with lime. So good and a great dip for the summer! I tried to find the recipe but failed, so I will have to look for it if ya'll are interested. Well, it looks like the football game is losing interest so I think that means it's time for bed!
Happy Friday ya'll!





No comments:
Post a Comment