Thursday, August 25, 2011

Baby Bump: 36 Weeks!

Date: August 22nd, 2011
How Far Along: 36 weeks!
Size of the Baby: size of a crenshaw melon (whatever that is)
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: :) It's my favorite part of being pregnant, and I will actually miss it once Brynley is born, as weird as that sounds. After doing my excercises to try to get Brynley to turn, I have noticed more movement on the left side. Lots of movement throughout the day
Sleep: sleep varies night to night. Some nights I get up to pee about 5 times and then toss and turn, and have trouble getting back to sleep or just getting comfortable in general. Other nights I sleep well and feel like I don't even get up at all! I am trying to soak in as much sleep as I can before Miss B gets here
Cravings/Aversions: cravings for "junk food" more than anything this week. I told Scot I could tell my face was fuller this week, and thats probably why ha! Not as many aversions this week, maybe she's moving down and giving my stomach more room now, making me less nauseus
Symptoms: The usual.. plus back pain that had me in tears this week, wondering how I was going to get through this week and next, working. Scot has had to rub my back every night. This blue stuff has helped work wonders and helped to numb the pain some. I am seriously going to try stuffing as many pillows as I can behind my back as I can, in hopes that it will help the back pain. Still having hip, pelvic bone, and pubic bone pain in a BAD way this week too. I'm at the point where everything hurts. I know Scot is tired of all the complaining I do, so I went on a message board to get advice for the pain and felt comfort knowing so many other expectant moms out there were going through the same pains this late in the pregnancy. Keeping my eye on the prize.. and praying for strength to get through the next few weeks. Really strong Braxton Hicks contractions and lots of cramping (both GOOD signs), the urgency to pee a lot more, and some heartburn and nausea still lingering
Mood: emotional. I have cried a lot this week from hurting so bad. I'm trying to stay positive, but I feel like Brynley and I are competing for space in my belly. Simultaneous back pain and a kick to the ribs is not fun!
Highlights this week: weekly OB visit- BP was good, heartbeat slow (sleeping), finding out I was 1 cm dilated and my cervix was soft (both GOOD signs), making appointment to be induced on September 13th! Also I'm very excited to be making the onesie dresses with my mom this weekend and having some girl time with her while Scot is partaking in his Fantasy Football draft
What I Miss: sleeping well and having more energy (nothing has changed there ha!) I could also add sleeping on my stomach and bending over now too, and not being in pain all.the.time
Husbandisms- Scot has been the ideal husband lately, offering a lot of comfort and encouragement (not normally his strong suit, so I am soaking it all in). Also he made my week by surprising me with the sweetest card and encouraging me, telling me what a great job I was doing to keep our baby girl safe inside, and he knew how hard of a week I had been having. Thank you Lord for such a wonderful husband :)

I decided to go all Vanna White and show you the coming home outfit I picked out for Brynley. It's the same outfit I wore as a newborn the day my parents brought me home, and I love that I get to put the same outfit on my daughter! I plan to get pictures while I'm at my moms house this weekend, of me when I was wearing some of the same outfits that she has passed on to Brynley from when I was a baby. I can't wait to dress her!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I definitely don't miss those multiple-times-a-night trips to the bathroom!

    I had a lot of back pain, too. I felt like I needed to buy stock in muscle creams, I used them so much!

    ReplyDelete