How Far Along: 37 weeks (9 Months!!)
Size of the Baby: length of swiss chard
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses. The tank tops in the Baby Bump picture are both non-maternity, but I'm sure if Brynley keeps growing at the rate she is, that I will have to start changing the "maternity clothes" status to "all maternity"
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: every hour lots of sweet bumps and jabs. I swore I felt her hand and I held my hand over it and then showed Scot. I can definitely tell what is a knee, butt, back, and hand now that she is getting so BIG!
Sleep: this week has definitely proven to be interesting, between our hospital visit on Sunday and then continuing to have contractions through the week. Some nights I have woken up with intense cramping and contractions, and other nights I sleep like a baby. Still having to get up twice a night or more to pee, and still having pregnancy insomnia where my mind is racing about everything
Cravings/Aversions: no specific cravings, just really hungry I've noticed. Once I was checked into the hospital, I was starving! I've noticed an increase in appetite this week, maybe because as she drops there is more room in my stomach. Right now I could eat a big plate of fried squash haha
Symptoms: strong contractions from my lower rigt side in my back, and then moving into my stomach and down to my pelvic floor. Very intense this past week and they have woken me up several times during the night. This is a good sign that my body is getting ready! Brynley has dropped and now there is a lot of pelvic pressure. I am just trying to stay calm and look back to my bible verses to find comfort. I was 2 cm dilated and having more "signs" that things are progressing
Mood: It's been a roller coaster of emotions this week, from going to the hospital and getting nervous and excited that Brynley was close to making her debut, to coming home disappointed that it wasn't time yet, but still having to deal with the cramping and contractions and trying to get through my last week at work on top of everything else. I'm trying to be patient and wait on God's perfect timing
Highlights this week: the trip to the hospital (not really a highlight since it was a false alarm, but excited at the possibility at least), it was my last week of work and I made it through the week. I am proud of my strength to trudge through it and I am excited to be entering this new chapter of my life as a SAHM with Ryder as we wait for Miss B to get here. Also, my surprise baby shower on Tuesday and getting a lot of cute goodies for Brynley
Here I am at my weekly OB appointment, waiting on my midwife to come in. The appointment went well and I feel relief after discussing all of my symptoms with my midwife. She assured me these were all very normal symptoms and that I didn't have anyting to be concerned about. Brynley's heart rate was good, my blood pressure was good, and I had actually gained 3 lbs since last week, which I could noticeably tell a difference yesterday, especially when every single patient I saw at work asked when I was due! My co-workers also made comments about how much more I had dropped and that Brynley was "all out there". I will look back on these pictures and laugh one day, my swollen legs and arms, but I find comfort in them for now, knowing that the sweet baby I'm carrying inside is all worth it!

I love that your cute pic is in her nursery, so cute! She'll be here so soon, good luck and many blessings on your delivery!
ReplyDelete