Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baby Bump: 39 Weeks!

Date: September 12th, 2011
How Far Along: 39 weeks, and final Baby Bump post, considering I will either have Brynley naturally between now and the 13th, or induced on the 13th. Either way she will be here in just a day or two :)
Size of the Baby: a watermelon
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: movement is definitely slowing down now that room is getting harder to come by, but Brynley is most active at night when I lay down and after eating
Sleep: sleeping ok but due to all the excitement of wondering if I am in labor or not, or if it's just prelabor, I haven't been sleeping as well. Combined with being 3 cm dilated, having contractions, bleeding, and cramping through the night makes a girl think she's in actual labor! Last night neither Scot or I could sleep so we watched an episode of Friends and then by 1am we finally got sleepy enough to go back to bed. All I kept thinking was this isn't good for either of us if I'm actually going to have this baby ha!
Cravings/Aversions: not much of either, just hungrier and wanting to eat more! I just seem to eat whatever, whenever at this point
Symptoms: lots of labor and pre-labor symptoms: cramping, contractions, spotting, headache, nausea, urgency to pee, numb sharp tingling pain in my lower pelvic area when I change positions, hip/pe;vic bone/pubic bone pain
Mood: EXCITED! One way or another Brynley will be here by tomorrow :) I'm being induced on the 13th but with all of the labor and pre-labor symptoms I keep getting off and on, I am thinking it might be sooner than later. All this to say that I am extremely excited and very ready to meet my sweet baby girl
Highlights this week: the excitement of all of my labor and pre-labor symptoms! Getting ready to welcome my Brynley Bug this week, also getting her last monogrammed outfit in the mail for her arrival before she's born. I'm sure she will have many more once she is here, but I had to have just one more haha. I think I will go in debt over having a little girl, but I am really hoping to learn to sew, embroider, and monogram soon! This is my last Baby Bump post and I am a little overcome with emotion, in some ways I can't believe the end of my pregnancy is here, but I am ready to embrace motherhood again and welcome Brynley to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment