How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of the Baby: length of a leek
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: less movement this week except for at night when I first lay on my side
Sleep: I feel refreshed this week and this is largely in part to the fact that it was my first week as a SAHM. I just have a sense of calm and peace and the stresses of having to go to a job isn't there so I am sleeping well. According to Scot I have been snoring a lot this week, so I would say that's a good sign I'm sleeping ha! I did have a rough night last night, strong contractions, cramps, and back labor, but nothing that caused me to think I was in full on labor
Cravings/Aversions: not much of either, just hungrier and wanting to eat more! This is probably since Brynley is working her way down and allowing more room in my stomach now
Symptoms: strong contractions that are really intense, back labor on my lower right side, cramping and pelvic and pubic bone pressure. Some heartburn if I eat too much
Mood: I've really felt a sense of calm this week, partly from staying home with Ryder and getting into a routine, excited about the fun things we have done and activities I planned for us, joining MOPS and attending my first meet yesterday, looking forward to having Brynley here with us soon too! I have felt God's presence and helped in keeping me at peace and I have continued to pray and keep Philippians 4:6 close to my heart. It dawned on me just this week how much calmer I have been, and at peace with waiting on Brynley to get here, and I realized it was God that was behind it all!
Highlights this week: starting my new job as a SAHM and I love it! I catch myself just staring at Ryder and being overcome with so much emotion and feeling so thankful to Scot and God for allowing me this opportunity. Brynley's hairbows and monogrammed hat came in the mail yesterday and I packed it along with her other goodies to bring along for our hospital stay.
OB appointment- BP good, HB was good, I was 3 cm dilated and my midwife stripped my membranes (sorry I know TMI). After doing a lot of thinking and debating, I have decided to keep our appointment for next week to be induced. My midwife thinks labor may start before then and that would be ideal! I guess we will just have to wait and see, but she went ahead and warned me of cramping I may have. Scot will be working this weekend for a conference but at least he is in town if I need him, so I will keep ya'll posted!

Wow! It's almost time. I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I am so happy I found it. I love your updates and I am just a few short weeks behind you with my pregnancy. I am 35 weeks. I had my first daughter at 38 and I am a fingertip dilated and having contractions, so we will see....good luck with your upcoming labor and congrats on becoming a SAHM! That is my dream job that I know I will never have, but it is so nice to read about others. Many blessings to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteYou look so great! I'm glad that you're feeling more at peace and enjoying your time as a SAHM :-) I'm really loving being able to stay home with Joe!
ReplyDelete