Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Random Wednesday

  • Last week, Scot sold the Mercedees (aka the "Date Car"). It was a little emotional for him, and me too, considering I met him as the single guy driving around in it and we have had many fun times with that car, including fun weekend trips, our getaway car at our wedding, and more, but at this time the maintenance is so much and it needs new tires and so we are just a one car family right now and that's totally okay. I'm sure when the time comes we will invest in another new SUV, but this works for us
  • At this point, two weeks post pardom, I feel like I am slowly getting back to my old self again. I say slowly because there are still so many pieces of my old life that I still won't have back for at least another 3 or 4 months, but I am happy with where we have come from 2 weeks ago!
  • The weather the past two weeks has been downright depressing! I started to think I was getting "Baby Blues" but then realized we haven't seen sun in so many days that it's a wonder we all aren't depressed
  • I checked into some of the preschools in our area. I decided that right now while Brynley demands so much of my attention, and the fact that I felt like Ryder was watching too much Caillou over and over and over, that it was time to look at some options to keep his little mind stimulated
  • Scot went back to work today and I was a little sad. I need it though, so that I can assure myself that I can handle the newborn while tending to my very active toddler's needs too without depending so much on Scot
  • We have so many shows on the DVR to watch and I get a little overwhelmed when I think about where and when I think I will have all of that time. Jersey Shore used to be a favorite tv show of mine, but recently Scot and I realized "Does this show even matter to us anymore?" I mean what do we even have in common with a bunch of guidos and guidettes haha!
  • I still have my Real Housewives though because I have found tidbits of time through the day whether I'm pumping or getting a minute between feedings
  • Brynley's color looks amazing! Even better than the day we brought her home from the hospital- Thank you GOD!
  • I feel that due to lack of sleep and due to all of the stress the past week to try to get Brynley to gain weight and get the Billirubin levels to drop that I haven't spent much time with God lately. I was in total sync with Him when we first came home from the hospital, but now that it has been a few more days of catching up on my sleep, I feel guilty that I haven't spent as much time with Him
  • It was a nice break the past two days while Ryder was with Scot's parents, but I missed him terribly!
  • Tucker enjoyed all of the extra attention though. He is our original baby afterall :)
  • Why are there really good days and really bad days? Nothing is consistent right now and I'm having a hard time with that. Some days Brynley likes to be swaddled, others not so much. Some mornings she goes right back down and we "sleep in" until her next AM feeding around 9am. Others she fights until the next feeding so I am exhausted by the time 9am rolls around. Some days Ryder is a true doll and listens and is gentle with his baby sister. Other times he is a little devil, doing whatever he can to push buttons. This is a hard season right now, but I know it will get easier.
  • What happened to those first few days when we came home all refreshed and life was all "look at me I can do this parenting of a toddler and newborn, no sweat!"
  • We have started looking at different options for Ryder and Brynley to wear for the pumpkin patch and Halloween. Ryder LOVES anything blue, but he also loves anything involving a shark. These are his two favorites when we showed him different options in the Pottery Barn Kids magazine
  • A blurry Blackberry pic with my camera phone, but I got my FIRST soy Pumpkin Spice latte at Starbucks yesterday while we were getting some more newborn diapers at Target
  • I also had their pumpkin cheesecake muffin and I think I died and went to Heaven. It was just.that.good!
  • We have 3 days left this week before the weekend, and I'm already looking forward to it so that I can have all of Scot's help with the baby and Ryder
  • Happy Randoms ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. I can only imgaine how tough it is to space your time between Ryder and Brynley. I have a feeling that CB is going to have a tough time some days adapting to the fact that she is not the only child or grandchild anymore. Oh me, what fun to look forward to ;o)
    In the picture of you and Brynley are you wearing a Moby Wrap? Do you really like it? I have a sling from Seven Slings but am not sure which I would like better for Bryar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so funny to think about H'ween costumes - it doesn't even cross my mind here b/c H'ween is hardly a holiday! I'm not even sure they do trick-or-treating... although I have seen some costumes, if I remember correctly to last year. I'll have to see if I can find one for Joe for his first H'ween :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of wrap is that? I am in need of one! That one looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete