I know I should be napping right now, while both of my babies are, but I really wanted some "me" time, and my "me" time consists of blogging. I know I will be regretting this later during the 12:45am and the 3:30am feedings, but I wanted to do a quick post about our past week. I will continue to do "Bits About Brynley" on Tuesdays, and lead up to her One Month post, just so that I don't forget any details of her little month of life. With that being said, sorry in advance for the pictures and some tidbits you may see on that post next week. Lately I feel like I am still walking around with pregnancy brain, so if I mention something I've already said or done, just bare with me ha!
This past week went much smoother than last week, and mainly because the stresses of having to deal with scheduled feedings every two hours to get Brynley's birth weight up, and to do anything in our power to get the Bilirubin levels to drop weren't present. I continue to thank God for his many blessings, and by the end of each day, I literally thank him as I'm laying in bed, for getting us through another day of me adjusting to life as a new mommy to two, and being able to accomplish small tasks as I can. Each day gets better and better, just as I knew that it would. Telling yourself, and actually getting through each day are two different things though, but I'm happy at how far we've (I've) come!
I was finally feeling much better and able to tackle more things by the end of the week, so I decided that while Brynley was taking a nap that I would do an activity with Ryder in his loft. I was so proud of myself the week before I had Brynley, and how we got to do crafts and color, and I could teach him new things. I was worried once Brynley was born that Ryder would regress and start to forget his letters, numbers, and colors, so it was important to me that I still try to incorporate as much as I could (especially considering I was only 2 weeks post pardum). I got the activites folder down and we got to work coloring Fall pictures and then we traced his hands on construction paper and we made a wreath. It was supposed to be Fall colors, but since Ryder is going through an "I want everything BLUE" phase, we went with blue and he let me sneak a few green hand prints in too. Afterwards we played firetrucks in his room, and it was really the first time since Brynley was born that I got to spend 2 hours of undivided attention with him. Let me tell you I could tell how much this meant to this little guy just in the way he behaved better, and listened to me much better, and it made my heart swell with even more love for him, but I still longed to have more time with him and I still feel guilty when I am doing feedings that can take up to 2 hours or more to finally get Brynley settled so he can have me to himself again. We are working on this, and I am just trying not to get frustrated, as I know we will eventually get the hang of things and he will learn to be more and more independant.
I was actually able to give Ryder a bath and I showered myself, while Brynley hung out in the bouncey chair. I figured, it may not be the most relaxing shower, but at least Ryder was being entertained while I showered and could peep in on him in the bath since he was right next to me, and I could still keep an eye out for Brynley. I think I took my shower in a record 2 minutes, but it got the job done! I managed to dry off, but Ryder had already discovered his baby sister and decided to come over and love on her and talk baby talk with her. I couldn't resist running in and grabbing my camera!
We have had such nice Fall weather the past few days, and Thursday and Friday nights were no exception! Once Scot was done for the day, we all headed out to our back yard to relax and let Ryder play with his basketball goal and color with sidewalk chalk, while it gave Scot and I the chance to talk and catch up from the day. I miss him terribly, and long for a date night just the two of us, but I know it will happen in time. I was just happy to have my family of four outside and just to enjoy the beautiful weather and know that the weekend was approaching was nice. For a few moments I even savored the fact that I was staying at home and not having to physically show up at the dental office anymore, something that I really still haven't grasped. I love this picture of Scot and his baby girl hanging out! She already has him wrapped around her finger!
On Friday we were finally able to coordinate a photographer to come over and get some newborn pictures of Brynley. I kept having to reschedule because of all of the issues we were going through with Brynley and Dr appointments, so when Friday finally came around, I was over.the.MOON with excitement! This was the first time I had ever hired a photographer to come to the house, and not go to a studio type place and I loved that she was a christian and had 5 kids of her own, specializing in taking pictures of babies and children. Let me just say that I got emotional at the photo shoot because they were just that good and I can't wait to see them! This was Brynley and I hanging out, waiting on the photographer to arrive. It was much less stressful to wait on the photographer to show up, rather than having to load everyone into the car and wait on the next person in line before it was our turn to have our picture taken. Please ignore my dark circles under my eyes, and the matching dark roots I have! I have an appointment in a few weeks at my hair salon, and it can't get here soon enough! The hair hasn't fallen out just yet, but I know it will only be a matter of time before it does, and I want to get it done before then so that I won't look like a complete hot mess haha. I remember after having Ryder that was such a shock to learn that all of the luxurious hair I'd had during pregnancy was all going to come out in the shower. NOT fun!
This isn't the best picture of me, but I wanted to document my first glass of wine in so many months! I was so relaxed after a good (LONG) week, and the weekend had finally arrived. I was able to manage naps for everyone, including myself, and afterwards I felt like a new woman. A new woman who was so happy to feel like my normal was starting to come back in pieces, and to celebrate I wanted to enjoy some wine. It was a great feeling, and I'm so proud of Brynley for starting to sleep some in stretches each night, and for Ryder for starting to play by himself more and to be less wound up each day when it's just me with both kids. Here's to the weekend and all of the fun we have planned. Fun being to have Scot to myself and not having him at work, and just being able to do some of the things we did as a family before Brynley arrived that she can now be a part of too! It's the little things like this that make me feel secure and know that it's getting better day by day. I know I probably sound like a hormonal crazy person, but that's just the feelings and emotions I'm having lately, and I want to blog about it so I can look back one day and feel a sense of accomplishment.
Happy Saturday Ya'll! Hope you and yours has a GREAT one :)
You dont sound crazy at all! Also I just found something else we have in common I think. I am now becoming a SAHM as well after working for years! Should be an interesting transition! And I am currently drinking a glass of wine right now. There is nothing better ;)
ReplyDelete