Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Random Wednesday (soon to be Blonde Moment Mondays)

  • So I thought I'd switch things up and do a "Blonde Moment Monday" on Mondays rather than "Random Wednesday" on Wednesdays. I don't really know why, other than the fact that I have more time on Sundays while I have help from Scot and I thought the title would be catchier than Random Wednesday. That's pretty random right ha!
  • On Thursday, my mom came over to watch Ryder and Brynley so that Scot and I could get a little break. Originally, we planned to take advantage of sleep, but after a few nights of getting some consecutive 4 hour stretches of rest, we thought we would get a bite to eat instead. I think it's important to keeping a good marriage, and it was just what I needed to get out of the house!
  • I have to apologize for my negative attitude on the Blog lately. I think sleep deprivation, combined with exhaustion and hormones has made my view on my life lately very negative and it's not me! I'm hoping that after actually getting some sleep the past few days, that I am starting to see my old me again finally! I have a beautiful family that I am so blessed to have, and I don't take it for granted, I just needed an hour or two to get out of the house and realize what a lucky girl I am.
  • Thank you God for Moms! I love that I live so close to my mom so that she can give me just that. I called her on our way to get a coffee at Starbucks, and told her thank you a million times because I was starting to think I had major Baby Blues, when really I just needed sleep and some fresh air!
  • In addition to added sleep, and a break for a few hours, I have also started
     taking triple strength Omega 3 Fish oil because A) I should have been taking them the entire pregnancy, but stopped taking it when they made me so nauseated and B) it's proven to help enhance mood and believe you me, I am all about being in better spirits around here!
  • Brynley turned 5 weeks old yesterday!
  • She has definitely hit a growth spurt, becoming much fussier between feedings and not settling much, but after looking back at Ryder's baby journal, he did the same thing at 5 weeks and then was sleeping almost through the night by 7 weeks. Here's to hoping she is following in his footsteps.
  • She is LOVING her playmat and whether intentional or not, she bats at the dangling toys and I love hearing her. She is almost ready to start cooing and smiling!
  • Of course when you have a sweet older brother that lays on the playmat and does tummy time with you, it makes it that much MORE fun!
  • Scot ordered my iPhone 4s on Friday and I can't wait for it to be delivered to my door! He thought we would have a better chance of getting one by ordering it online rather than going to the Apple store. Either way, I will have a new phone I have wanted for years in just a few days. So my question to those of you that have had or have an iPhone now, what apps should I get??
  • It's been a busy week so far, but I like some days busier than just staying around the house because it makes me realize that I'm not just stuck in the house all day, watching the sun go up and down.
  • Monday was our lazy day and I don't even think I showered. Partly because Brynley was so fussy anytime I put her down, and by the time Scot came home from work I wanted to veg out and go on my computer. Ahh necessities people ha!
  •  Tuesday was preschool (which Ryder's loving by the way), and then Scot dropped me off by the dental office I worked at (so weird to say this now, considering it's been a whole month I've been a SAHM!) I had to show Miss B off to everyone, and they were all smitten. Then it was off to my long awaited hair appointment. The roots are gone finally and the eyebrows groomed back so you can actually see my face now haha!
  • Brynley had her ONE MONTH well visit today!
  • I felt bad because she had to have another Hep B shot and I thought we were just going in for a weight check, but she did great! She's actually asleep on my chest in this picture, after screaming the entire time before she got her shot. Poor baby-
  • Stats- weight 8lbs 11 oz (gained over a lb yay!) (50%), Ht 21 inches (grew 2 inches) (50%), head 35 (small head =BIG Brains) (10%). Dr J was really impressed with how well she did with head control and was so happy at her weight gain and how well she was doing overall. What a relief :)
  • When Scot's aunt and uncle were in town, they brought Mums and fresh cut flowers. I thought they were so pretty and festive for fall that I thought I'd show them off. The front porch decked out in our fall wreath, the pumpkins we got at the pumpkin patch, and our fall rug that is in desperate need of replacing! On our bar, I found the "G" pumpkin at Hobby Lobby during one of our many trips there looking for knick knacks to put in Brynley's nursery, and the glittery small pumpkins and leaves at Walmart last year during a random shop.
  • We (well Scot and Ryder) have been cleaning out and organizing the attic and closets to get things spruced up to possibly put our house on the market. For one I wanted to get my Fall clothes out, because I can't continue wearing flip flops, and I am starting to fit into non pregnancy clothes again. While they were organizing and pulling boxes out, Ryder discovered some face paint from last Halloween, so he asked me to paint his face. I think he makes a pretty cute cat don't you?
  • Again, it has been a busy week around here! Tomorrow is our MOPS meeting which I always look forward to, and then Friday is my {almost} 6 week post pardum checkup with my midwife. If all is okay, I am hoping to get the green light to start working out again. Eating 3 cupcakes a day is NOT going to help me lose the rest of this baby weight people haha!
  • That's all for now, hope you're having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. New follower here and I must say we have quite a bit in common right now :) My son just turned 6 weeks old and I finally feel the baby blues being lifted. He has been sleeping better at night so I know that has so much to do with it! Here's to both of us getting more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so radiant and your house is just lovely with all the decorations! Here's to better sleep in your future and happy Fall-it's pouring down rain anwinery windy up here in Michigan right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, silly iPhone auto correct-and very windy! Have fun with your new phone too, it's changed my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful! You have a new baby glow. I did have my baby, but I have not posted about it yet. I am EXTREMELY exhausted and had a question so that I why I am even on this computer...and about to feed my baby. Anyway, I am nursing and want to pump afterwards the excess, however I am having a hard time doing that and wasnt sure if you know a time period. I nurse and she seems to take forever nursing (probably 30-40 minutes total with switching sides and burping) and then I have to hold her to get her to sleep (she has had BM issues and only gone twice since we left the hospital and that was with suppositories). Once I can finally lay her down, I feel like it has been too long to "pump excess." Do you think that is ok? I know I need to call my lactation consultant, but wanted to see if you had any insight too. Thanks for the input. Breastfeeding is so hard and it didnt work past 6 weeks the first time, so we would like to go the long haul this time. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete