Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Random Wednesday

  • Tuesday was Ryder's first day of Preschool!
  • I love that it's in a church and their mission is to learn about God and teach in a school setting
  • We had been telling him about it all week and getting him prepared to meet new friends and teachers, and he had been so excited, asking each day leading up to Tuesday "When do I go to my new school?" He looked so big carrying his bookbag and heading out the door yesterday morning and I will one day have to post a picture of this next to his last day of class and will think he looked so tiny here. He goes just Tuesdays and Thursdays each week, and I think it is just what we needed to get him out of the house and to nurture his learning that I'm lacking on right now due to the demands of a newborn. I think this was the best decision Scot and I made for the season we're in right now

  • I have started working on my 2012 calanders on Shutterfly and so far I love how they look! There are lots of new themes this year and I love putting them all together. It's a lot harder finding time to work on them right now, but I still have a few months before Christmas thank goodness. One of the things I wanted to do was to incorporate a bible verse on each page for each month, so the hard part is just making it all fit on the page!
  • Since Christmas is just a few months away, I am looking for a new tree skirt and stockings but haven't had any success yet. Any suggestions? I like the ones on Pottery Barn kids but wanted ones for Scot and I too to match and I wasn't digging theirs for adults
via Pinterest via Little Blessed Nest
  • I'm in full party mode, making preparations for Ryder's upcoming 3rd Birthday in November
  • First he said he wanted a Zoo party, then it was a Firetruck party, a Monster Truck party, and latest was a Cars "McQueen" party. Not sure what theme we are going with still, but we went toy shopping and now I just need to make a decision what theme to go with and get to work scouring Pinterest for some inspiration
  • It's been a good week but an exhausting one. Monday night Brynley didn't sleep good at all and just when I think we are getting a night routine down, I get thrown a crazy curve ball. On top of this, now Ryder is going through a stage of not wanting to sleep in his own bedroom or bed upstairs. We fought the battle Sunday night and for 2 hours battled with him. I was too exhausted to fight that same battle the rest of this week, so he has slept first in our bed, then we ended up bringing his mattress to sleep next to our bed. It's hard to tell him no he can't sleep here when Brynley is right next to us.
  • I remind myself over and over that this is all just a season. By Christmas things will be different and hopefully sleeping MORE. I'm having a hard time with the sleep deprivation thing this time around more than with Ryder because I'm not able to catch up on my sleep like I used to when it was just him as a baby.
  • I love this little face though, and I can't believe she turns a MONTH old tomorrow!
  • It's halfway through October and I feel like time is going by way too fast. We have some of Scot's family coming down from New Hampshire this weekend to meet Brynley and we are very excited. We plan to take them to the pumpkin patch and I'm hoping to get lots of great pictures. Ryder is very excited about the pumpkin patch and playing in the huge corn pit.
  • We got Ryder and Brynley's matching pumpkin patch shirts in the mail and I can't wait to see them dressed up together
  • Speaking of October, Fall is definitely in the air and the leaves are turning here like crazy! I think it's colder this year than last and I think I'm going to have to bring all of my non maternity fall/winter clothes down soon. I don't feel like I'm losing much weight anymore and I am so ready to workout!
  • I'm giving myself until November 1st and then I want to start Weight Watchers. Hoping that I will have the new iphone 5 by then, I have already been looking at all of the best apps to get and it looks like there is one for Weight Watchers and calorie counters websites so I'm all on board!
  • Sharing a car wasn't an issue until just this past week now that I am more active and getting out more. I wanted to attend a playdate today with two of the moms from MOPS, but didn't realize Scot needed the car for a sales meeting the same time. We are looking at options, but probably won't be able to do anything until next year since we want to put the house up for sale and don't want the purchase of a new SUV on our credit score right now. Argh :p

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the sleep curveball :-( No fun! But Ryder looks so cute in his backpack! Chris has one of those photos and it was really fun to see that and compare it and think about the fact that MANY years later he got his PhD... and it all started with preschool! You never know where they'll end up!

    And I think it's so cool that you guys only have 1 vehicle! I know that it's a pain, but it's also really great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Ryder's first day of preschool was awesome!!! I hear you on the sleeping problems... we are very unconventional around here. I don't care where anyone sleeps, as long as sleep is happening. :) Each of my kids has slept with us at one time or another... you are correct, it is only a season! Sounds like you are doing great with two! I can't believe B is already a month! CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make Shutterfly calendars every year too!

    And oh man, am I feeling the sleep deprivation. But I also really like our middle of the night time together. I feel like I dont get as much time with her during the day because I am juggling her and Colt. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete