- I can't believe it's already Wednesday this week. This is a good thing, considering the weeks must be going by faster and getting somewhat easier (somewhat). WHAT did I do with my time when I just had ONE newborn to hold and snuggle all day and not a demanding toddler too?
- Lately, Ryder always asks Scot to bring his "puter" down so they can "watch food talking". Scot happened upon an annoying talking orange one day when he was on youtube, and the two of them can't get enough! I can't stand it because his voice and laugh is so annoying, so it must be a guy thing! Just go to youtube and type talking orange if you want to see
- I can't wait till the days when Brynley wants me to bring my computer over so I can find different barbies and dolls talk ha!
- The weeks around here are going much better
- I am trying to get Brynley into a 3 hour scheduled routine since I am having to pump and accomodate that into my day now. 5a, 8a, 11a, 2p, 5p, 8p and bed by 9:30ish. Then she has been sleeping until almost 2am and then wakes again by 5am
- So far, we seem to start the morning at 5am and I usually try to get back to sleep while Scot goes to the gym, then when he comes home he helps with Ryder if he's up, and tries to let me sleep. I always try to start my day by 7:30am, so I can go ahead and pump, then also to be awake to do the next feeding at 8am followed by each feeding afterwards
Today was actually the first successful day I tried this routine and so far so good! I was able to squeeze in laundry, dishes, time with Ryder playing and coloring, play time with Brynley, naps at the same time for both kids, and then attempting to eat dinner while Brynley is still napping. The only hard feeding to get her settled back down was after her 2pm feeding. She was sound asleep and I had a hard time waking her. Scot was home so I let him feed her the bottle and then she still didn't want to wake up. Finally she did around the time Ryder woke from his nap, and then trying to settle her by letting her nap in her crib proved to be difficult!
I'm learning and hoping this gets easier
Speaking of her crib, I am debating when to start letting Brynley take more naps there and to eventually let her sleep upstairs rather than beside our bed in her pack and play. Any suggestions??
Tucker with Ryder
Tucker has been very protective of Brynley since we brought her home from the hospital, just like he did when Ryder was a wee babe
I love when we all get in bed and start settling in for the night
Lately, I don't get so depressed when it's this time of night because either I'm getting used to no sleep, or we are actually doing better and I am possibly getting more sleep?
We actually got to watch a show last night after putting Ryder to bed and finishing Brynley's night time feeding before bed
Brynley is starting to like her bath time, and I am starting to make it part of the bed time routine
Warm bath, warm bottle, warm cozy bed
Ryder did so good today and I felt like we got in a really good routine (finally)
I am excited to go to MOPS with him tomorrow and I am a little nervous about scheduling Brynley's feeding around the meeting, but I think it will be fine
Ryder is excited too! I'm just glad to get us both out of the house
I know I'm partial, but I love these two little faces!
I have a lot more randoms, but right now this is all I have time for because it's chaos in the kitchen

No comments:
Post a Comment