photo courtesy of Pinterest. Julie Chapman
- We kicked off our Halloween weekend by making sugar cookies on Friday night and using fun Halloween shaped cookie cutters. You can just see the excitement on Ryder's face!!
- We made a very tasty buttercream frosting, recipe courtesy of Mrs Paula Deen. I cut the recipe ingredients in half since we only had a dozen cookies
2 sticks butter, room temperature
8 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup milk or half and half
2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions
In the bowl of a standing mixer, cream softened butter and add 4 cups sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with paddle attachment until smooth gradually add the rest of sugar to reach frosting consistency
- Ryder can attest to how yummy they were.
- So can Mommy. I ate about 5 this past weekend!
- And because of this last statement, I decided over the weekend that there would be no.more.goodies in the house after Sunday because I will start working out again and want to start toning up. Because let's face it. Tomorrow Brynley will be 7 weeks and I can't keep saying "well I did just have a baby"
- We watched lots of Halloween shows and movies with Ryder, including this one
- It brought back memories from when I was a little girl, and he loved it too! It was fun to watch it with both of my babies and know that I too had watched it as a child their age
- It was a low key weekend at home because the Fall weather pretty much turned to Winter and we had some crazy strong winds that made us all want to stay in and cuddle in our blankets instead.
- Can you believe it snowed in the mountains of NC over the weekend? Cuh-razy!
- Not to mention we all were battling sore throats, so we decided to skip a few of the Halloween activities going on in our area.
- Instead, we enjoyed some yummy candy apples. Well, we thought they would be yummy but when we cut into them they were all bruised inside. Fail! Oh well.. Ryder still enjoyed a few bites from his but I decided not to waste the calories on mine
- We improvised on Sunday and I brought the blanket in so that Ryder and I could paint Brynley's pumpkin and we didn't have to be in the cold outside
- I dressed my little pumpkin up in her Halloween colored headband, but she wasn't in a smiley mood when I took this picture. She's been such a sweetie lately though!
- I am really enjoying my new iPhone and Siri has literally changed my life. Now that I always seem to have my hands full, I love this talking feature and she does all the work for me. Scot always laughs at me because I'm usually recording broken messages between the dog barking and the baby crying
- Of course I had to get a pink cover for it ha!
- I can't wait to take Ryder trick-or-treating tonight with my friend from MOPS and her family. This will be Ryder's first time actually going door to door and ringing the doorbell for candy. To see his face as he has to ask for candy each time will be priceless
- We had another day of football on Sunday and there was no shortage of jumping and playing from my boys!
- Ryder has definitely been pushing his limits with us lately, and this past weekend was no exception. There were times where I was at my wits end with him and at a loss as to how to react or deal with him. I know a lot of his behavior had to do with him not feeling well, but he has really been misbehaving lately, and I am hoping the "Terrible Threes" won't be worse than his "Terrible Twos"
- I feel like this Blonde Moment Monday is lacking, but that's because I'm recovering from a cold
- This post included more bullet points from what we did over the weekend, but I promise to be back with more randoms. For now, this is what's on my mind :)


Happy Halloween - those cookies + frosting look delicious! Sorry about the bruised apples - no fun :-( And bummer about the discipline issues - I'm sure that Joe will give us a run for our money once he turns three!
ReplyDeleteI am the same way with sweets! I keep saying "Im nursing so I need the calories." But I could be eating better calories...
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great Halloween!