Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween FUN!

 We were invited to go trick or treating with one of my friends from MOPS and her family. I was very excited to see Ryder actually go door to door and ring the doorbell and say "trick or treat". We had been practicing with him so that he would know what to say once he was greeted at each door. Getting all 4 of us ready proved to be quite the chore, and anytime we try to leave the house, it is like an act of congress to get us all out the door! Scot and I just have to laugh about this season of life, otherwise we might go crazy. We somehow managed to get us all dressed and Ryder looked so cute in his penguin costume!
 And this was a typical moment around here these days! Brynley was screaming her head off while we tried to get Ryder to smile for Scot. We attempted a few pictures at the house of all 4 of us, but I was having camera malfunctions and they kept coming out blurry for some reason.
 Luckily my sweet friend was able to get a few of us once we arrived at her house!

 My friend's cutie pie was so in love with Brynley's pumpkin hat, and he kept trying to hold her. It was so cute and we kept saying that he was Brynley's boyfriend because it seemed like he was trying to hold her.
 We tried getting pictures of Ryder and Beckett, but Ryder was obsessed with the candy and he was too busy digging in the candy bucket to look up to have his picture made. I loved Sarah's neighborhood because there were so many trick or treaters and Ryder was just infatuated with all of them. He loved passing out candy and loved watching as all of the trick or treaters came to the house dressed in costume!
 I loved the look on Ryder's face each time as he and Beckett rang the doorbell to ask for candy. He had so much fun and it was really the first time he went trick or treating. We normally go downtown in our little town and let him go trick or treating in the Halloween march around the businesses, so it was a lot of fun this time to actually see him ring the doorbell and ask for candy. He's getting so big! To think Brynley will be right along with him next year makes this mama heart smile.
 Ryder was very careful as he checked out all of the Halloween decorations. He has been very aware of scary things lately and I'm pretty sure this has to do with all of the Halloween shows he has been asking to watch lately. Dora's Halloween, Bubble Guppies, It's A great pumpkin Charlie Brown, and all of the witches, ghosts, and goblins he has seen on them!
This was us as we made our way back to Sarah's house and got ready to go home. Ryder was on such a sugar rush at this point but was having the time of his life! Brynley had passed out in her stroller by this point, and was nice and comfy inside, wrapped in her blankets. We were exhausted, but I had so much fun and I am so happy I have made such good friendships in my MOPS and look forward to the many Halloweens to come! I hope your Halloween was SPOOKTACULAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment