Monday, November 21, 2011

Blonde Moment Monday

  • We survived the birthday party, but my brain is still recovering! I had so much fun planning Ryder's party and celebrating him, and seeing his sweet face and all of his excitement was enough for me. Now that his party is over, my mind has already jumped to the next task at hand: CHRISTMAS!
  •  We cleaned up from Ryder's party and Scot brought down the Christmas decorations. I don't plan to get a tree until after Thanksgiving, but with Scot going out of town on business trips through the month, our time seems limited to decorate and we want to enjoy the season as much as we can! I am getting verrry excited about it this year, and I know that Ryder will have a blast this year.
  • Although it's a season of celebrating with gifts, I also want Ryder to know the meaning of Christmas and to understand there are lots of children in the world that don't have any toys. I am thinking of taking him to shop for some things for needy children and let him pick out things for them.
  •  With the cold weather (Yes it was 26 degrees when I got in the car Friday morning on my way to the gym!!) here, I have really been loving the flavored Coffee Mate creamers lately! Peppermint Mocha and Eggnog Latte are so tasty. I wanted to go to Starbucks and take advantage of their BOGO specialty drinks over the weekend, but we never made it. But now that I have my yummy creamers, they taste almost as good as a Starbucks latte!
  • I didn't start this post to be a Christmas themed one, but it's turning out that way! I will go ahead and add that I downloaded 20 of my favorite Christmas songs and burned them to a CD that I can't wait to start listening to! We will definitely be jamming when we start the decorating. I guess I am so excited this year because I have waited my life for the moment where my kids come down the stairs to see what Santa brought, and this will be the year that Ryder really gets it. I was a bit of a scrooge last year and didn't understand why it went from summer to Christmas, but this year I am all about it!
  • Here's my Christmas playlist in case you're looking for some good Christmas tunes
River- Angus Stone
Angels We Have Heard on High- Josh Groban & Brian McKnight
Love Came Down at Christmas- Jars of Clay
Carol of the Bells- The Bird and the Bees
The Christmas Song- Ella Fitzgerald
What Child is This- Andrea Bocelli & Mary J Blige
Joy to the World- Bebo Norman
O Holy Night- Celine Dion
Silent Night- Gloriana
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear- Josh Groban
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman- Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLaughlin
Frosty the Snowman- Ella Fitzgerald
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas- Frank Sinatra
Baby It's Cold Outside- Glee cast
Home For the Holidays- Perry Como
Drummer Boy- Sean Kingston
Here Comes Santa Claus- Bing Crosby & The Andrews Sisters
Santa Claus is Coming to Town- Michael Buble
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas- Michael Buble
Jingle Bells- Michael Buble (if you can't tell I love love love Michael Buble's new cd!)
  • I've gotten a lot of sweet Thanksgiving cards this past week and I really wish that I'd had some made of the kids to send out. I'm just now getting pictures developed and put into albums from my pregnancy through the 1st month Brynley was born, so finding time to do any other project is about impossible! I will be better next year and have already decided I need to get a move on with the pictures I want to take to send out and make Christmas cards this year.
  • I usually use Shutterfly but I think in an effort to save time I may have to result in a quick card from Target or Walgreens. We'll see.. I'm hoping to get it done this week.
  • I know I said I was done talking about Christmas, until Thanksgiving is over, but I also had to mention that we plan on taking the kids to see Santa today! I am hoping this goes well because I am dying for a cute picture of my babies with Santa. Brynley may be the one we have to worry about crying this year haha, but say a prayer for me that they do good.
  • Okay, I might as well title this randoms post "Holiday Edition", but I've been so consumed with party planning that now it's over my mind can focus on the holidays and I'm super excited! My dad actually called a few weeks ago and mentioned that he'd like to come down from his home in Texas and stay with us to meet Brynley. We have a somewhat estranged relationship after he and my mom got divorced when I was 16, but we are working on things. I love him dearly, but times like holidays can prove to be challanging when juggling time for everyone!
  • I hope ya'll had a great weekend and I promise I will hold off on Christmas posts until after Thanksgiving, unless I decide to show off the pictures I get from our visit with Santa.

1 comment:

  1. ok....ummm...could we have anymore in common! My dad left my mom in 2008 and since then I really dont have much to do with him. Crazy. He is meeting Sula for the first time over Christmas when we go home. I still havent really talked to the woman he left my mom for and its been almost four years. I think he is pretty afraid for me to be around her....and I am ok with that! What part of TX does your dad live in. And if this isnt too weird for you, I would love to have your address to send an xmas card to.

    ReplyDelete