Now that we've had a few days recovering from the Birthday Boy celebrations, I have been in Thanksgiving mode and am so ready for all of the Holidays to come! As promised, I will wait until after tomorrow before mentioning Christmas and posting our adorable pictures. One word though from our trip to meet Santa: SUCCESS! We attended Ryder's Thanksgiving day feast at preschool yesterday and this was Ryder's sweet necklace he had made. When I read what he was most thankful for, I nearly started crying because I was so touched by how much he enjoyed our playtime together.
We have been trying to teach Ryder to be thankful, and receiving all of his birthday gifts was no exception. He has been such a sweetie, and I think we are getting over the needing attention so bad phase.
We arrived at Ryder's school and Ryder was just beaming when he saw us walk by! I tried not to disturb him because I didn't want him getting up from his "table". The kids were all dressed as pilgrims and indians and they all just looked adorable! Again, I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to attend this year, as I have worked each year in the past and had to miss out on the fun of seeing Ryder at his feast in the past.
Here Ryder is going down the line to get his plate of food with Scot. Our picky little eater!
Such a sweet place setting! A friend of mine had posted on facebook that imagine if you woke up and the only things in your possession were the things that you had prayed for the night before. This really spoke to me. I always try to pray for each of my loved ones, but will always try harder to do so from now on. I have so so much to be thankful for and I never want to take one second for granted.
After Ryder's feast, we met up with my friend Alyssa and her son Topher, and watched the Christmas parade together. It was a fun yet busy day, and we are so excited to join my family tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Luckily this year we will be meeting at my sister in laws family country club so we can save the cooking for Christmas this year! I hope that you all have a very happy Thanksgiving this year! What are you most thankful for this holiday season?
I am most thankful for my son, he's amazing! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. I cant wait for Colt to start MDO so I can attend his different progams and events now!
ReplyDelete