Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bits About Brynley: TEN WEEKS!

Brynley turned 10 weeks old yesterday! With all of our Thanksgiving festivities going on this week, I was just now able to get a minute while she was napping and Ryder was watching Kick Buttowski! Not my finest moments at parenting, but when it allows a few minutes, I am willing to do whatever I can.
November 22nd, 2011
10 WEEKS old!
 Brynley has been such a gem this past week and I have gotten so so many smiles out of her lately! I said it before and I will say it over and over, but THANK YOU GOD and Scot for allowing me this blessing to stay home with my babies. I haven't missed one moment of her life by having to spend all of my time at a job, and my job is caring for this cutie and her brother right now. I am humbled everyday by just how much I took for granted when I worked full time, and now I am truly savoring each moment I get with them both.
 Brynley is just loving her nightly bath we do by 7:30pm. She haqs really started squealing and kicking her legs while she's relaxed in the baby tub. I usually turn the lights low in the bathroom so I can start cueing her that it's approaching her bedtime. She has recently started getting excited after her bath, when I'm drying her off and applying her night time lotion. She used to cry nonstop when I brought her from the warm bath to the cold air, but now she's so bright eyed and cute! This only lasts a few minutes though, and then she's ready for her nice warm bedtime bottle!
 I love these chubby theighs she's getting now too! It's about time she started putting on some meat haha! I also have to brag on her that she is getting to bed by 8:30pm now and not waking until 2:30am, sleep again by 3am, and then not waking again until about 6:45am! I would say this is a fluke, but it has happened the last 3 mornings this past week so AMEN HALLELUJAH! We have also moved Ryder back upstairs to his big boy room the past two nights. No battle! I guess after the night we had with Ryder that involved him waking us all at 1:45am and crawling in bed with us, then for an hour putting him up to his room just to have him come right back down paid off finally. That was one exhausting night that I'm not looking forward to repeating anytime soon, so I'm hoping his sleeping up in his room again isn't a fluke!

 We've had a little cold going on around here this week, but I think we're finally in the clear. I was worried little Miss might get sick, because she's had a runny nose and was congested but she seems fine now. All the pumping of my breast milk has paid off and seems to be helping her immunity. Speaking of breastmilk, I keep vowing to be done pumping everytime I finish off 100 count freezer breast milk bags, but then I feel convicted and I'm not ready to stop. I actually even nursed a few times this past week and Brynley seemed okay with it, but I still had to pump quite a bit afterwards so I'm still not sure she's getting full afterwards. I got another case of Mastitis today after I'd tried weaning my pumping back a bit. Looks like I will go back to every 3 hourse unless it's through the night. It still amazes me just how cool the body works and how full they get. Then just like that they empty and start all over again.

 Brynley has also started to almost want to grab things on her own and then let them go. Ryder had some leftover balloons and so I let her grab the string and she was so cute holding it by herself! (Don't worry I didn't let the latex part get close enough to cause harm like they warn not to let babies have balloons). This is good news for my hair, since she loves grabbing it and not letting go! OUCH :)

 Look at this sweet face! I am so blessed and truly have so much to be THANKFUL for!
 Brynley's hair and eyelashes are growing and her eyes just get bigger and bluer everyday. Scot and I both have blue eyes so I knew she would follow in our footsteps, but they have really gotten so pretty lately!


 In addition to rolling from tummy to back, Brynley has been turning from back to side, and side to side rolling a lot lately too! I swear she will be rolling from back to tummy anyday now, and when that happens, we better watch out ha! I just love her sweet little soft baby belly.
She's still eating about every 3 hours, except after we wake up by her last morning feeding and then I try to get back on schedule so I sometimes at least offer milk by 8am and then again at 11am to get on track. This must be doing the trick to getting her to sleep more, along with the swaddle blankets I continue to use on her. Ryder absolutely did not like being swaddled, so it's funny the difference between each baby.

Happy 10 weeks sweet girl!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: