November 29, 2011
11 Weeks
Well the Little turned eleven weeks old today!
I feel like we have really come a long way since this day.
And I say this mainly because guess what!?!
Brynley Alison Gelinas slept through the night Sunday night! Just two days shy of turning 11 weeks, my little miss slept through the night. We put her to bed like our normal routine, and she was asleep by 8:45pm. Then she didn't stir until 5:30 almost!! I couldn't believe it when I looked over at the windows and there was sunlight starting to come in. Well, my boobs could tell, and speaking of which, we are down to the last 25 freezer bags, so either I am really going to be done pumping soon, or I may have to go get more bags. I'm almost sad to completely be done though, because originally I'd said I wanted to pump for 3 months. Then as I filled more and more bags, I thought I could be done sooner, but I'm doing so good with my supply that I almost hate to give that up. Breastfeeding really isn't an option anymore at this point, but I know it's a strain on Scot everytime I have to go pump during which a million other things could be getting done then instead. But, it's something that he and I are going to have to discuss to see what is our best option. I wish Brynley would just nurse like she'd done for her first two weeks of life, but that just isn't working for us, so I am weighing my options. We've started her on formula to supplement one of her feedings and she is doing good with it, so I think we will at least continue this for now so that I can freeze as much breast milk as possible.Brynley is just a doll and I have such a sweet bond with her that grows leaps and bounds each day! I am truly grateful to get to stay at home with she and Ryder this time, and I can already see such a difference at this point where I would have otherwise been back at work. I know I say this each week, but I just can't express enough how happy I am to get to stay at home with my babies. There are certainly hard days and days that I'm lucky if I get a shower, but I will one day look back on these days as some of the most rewarding days of my life just getting to experience some of the things I would have missed otherwise.
Over the past week, Brynley has really started noticing her fingers and hands! She's usually good about staying in her swaddle, but a few mornings ago I saw that she'd managed to get out of her swaddle and was just checking her hands out and putting them in her mouth. She's tried to stick them in her mouth where she gagged herself a few times too! I shouldn't have laughed when it happened, but I remembered it with Ryder that he did the same thing, and it just means that she's growing into an observant little miss. Within the last two weeks especially, I can tell that Brynley is getting bigger! I can't wait for her 2 month well visit. It was supposed to be today, but we arrived at the appointment time that was written on our appointment card, but because we didn't arrive 15 minutes early, they wouldn't see us. I was livid, but remained calm and when the receptionist asked if I wanted to reschedule I just responded "No I would not" and then after making a call to Scot and letting him have it (I saved it all for him, bless his heart haha), went ahead and made an appointment with a different pediatrician. We have an appointment tomorrow and I'm excited about it because I was referred by my friend Sarah so I figure the pediatrician must be good!
Here we are doing baby pullups! Brynley loves these and she gets so proud of herself each time she pulls herself up. She's really strong and I'm amazed at how well she does to balance and pull herself up at the same time. I will say I've been bad about doing Tummy Time with her this week because everytime she spits up! She does get the excercise when we lay her on her boppy tummyside down, but I just hate that it upsets her stomach enough that she spits up.
This is one proud of herself little girl! She has also been cooing and shrieking a lot lately too! Typical girl, likes to her herself talk haha. If you asked Scot, he'd say I'm the only one that can soothe her, but I don't think that's true. My mom and stepdad watched her last weekend so we could go to my friend's wedding, and they did say she was a bit fussy. I just know that she really really loves her Mommy. I love this though, because I love how she kicks her legs and arms when she awakes from a nap and greets me. Or when I walk her around the house while putting dishes or laundry away and she loves going for "walks" like that around the house. She lets you know it when she doesn't want to be laid down though! My mom says it's good to have other caregivers for her right now that she gets used to too, so they don't mind watching her and Ryder anytime. Love having my mom close by for times like these!
This week has been a fun week of discovery! Brynley's also started to discover the play toys that dangle from her activity mat and above her carseat and the mobile above her swing. We usually keep it on swing and music mode, because I hadn't wanted to overstimulate her early on but I think she's ready for it now! Here she is swatting at the toys I had in front of her! So cute! She was going to town swatting and grabbing at the ones she wanted so I called Scot down from his office to come look at how cute Brynley was being. He's about to have a business trip so he'll get away for a few days but I'm sure we will all be missed!
I love you my sweet Brynley Bug and I can't believe how fast these weeks are going by. I looked in your closet the other day and saw all of these 3-6 and 9 month clothes that you will be wearing in no time and it made me realize just how big you're getting to be! In some ways I want each milestone to get here quicker than the next (like sleeping through the night), but at the same time I love each stage you're in and don't want a minute to go by too fast.
Happy 11 Weeks baby girl!
I cant believe that about your pediatrician! I would have been livid too and probably would have dropped some choice words, ha! Hope you like your new one. I LOVED mine in Nashville and was so sad about leaving him but I think I will like my new one too. Based on your comment, it sounds like you like the new one though.
ReplyDeleteANd yay that you love staying at home. I am getting there... ;)
Oh my word - she has gotten so big! Good job, Brynley!
ReplyDelete