- This is the first "Blonde Moment Monday" post and I've got lots of randoms (or Blonde Moments) to throw your way, so I hope you're ready for it!
- We had such a relaxing weekend that in a way, I'm sad it's Monday. I told Scot that now that I am a SAHM my Mondays are no different from my Saturdays other that the fact that I have all of his help.
- I am starting to get some of my "normal" back finally, and actually got to enjoy a cup of coffee while watching Regis and Kelly while pumping the other day. Ryder was quietly playing at his train table by himself, and Brynley hadn't awakened from her morning nap yet. I know in just a few more weeks or months that things will really start to get easier, and I am so thankful to have this opportunity to stay home with my children. I continue to be humbled and blessed beyond measure.
- Why are there so many shows on Nick Jr English? Like with British accents? Now that Ryder has upped his tv watching quota {bc this momma is so busy tending to a fussy newborn during her fussy spells that can last up to 2 hours or more} I've noticed just how many of the shows are British ha!
- I can't wait for Brynley to fit in these! (LOVE) I got them on sale at Children's Place for $11. Have I mentioned just how much I love having a little girl? I don't think Scot realizes the damages the two of us can do one day when we go shopping!
photo via Buckle.com
- I really want to get a pair of skinny jeans. I'm a curvy girl even when I haven't just given birth, so I strayed from them at first. Now that Fall is in the air, I am very tempted to try a pair. It also gives me a good excuse to get a new pair of boots too! Hello Christmas wishlist :)
- I started making a pile in my closet the past month, of all my maternity clothes as I am able to wear more of my non maternity stuff. I'm hoping to take them to a consignment store to sell since we are done having babies in this family. That is unless God has other plans for us!
- I'm also hoping to tackle this stack of bins that contain all of my non maternity Fall/Winter clothes and boots. It may take the rest of the week and weekend to get this accomplished, but I'm ready to see the floor of my closet again ha!
- I went to my post pardum appointment with my Midwife on Friday and everything was fine! I can't believe it has already been 6 weeks since Brynley was born. I had to step on the scale at the office and was shocked to see I lost 30+ lbs. I try not to weigh myself all the time, but was glad to see the numbers. I still have a lot to tone, and am thinking about trying on my non-maternity pants considering I will be selling all of my maternity stuff soon. I'm wearing all non maternity tops but am still scared to try the pants.
- ok I went for it and tried them on and guess what.. they fit! Sure they are my "bigger pants", but they are still non maternity so that's what counts! I wore them to go on a date with Scot Saturday night.
- We got a lot done while my parents watched the kids for us on Saturday for a few hours. We had a list of things to get done that we needed uninterrupted time to think. Of those things, we ordered the pictures from my photographer (which I can not wait to get back!), came up with a Birthday Theme for Ryder's 3rd birthday party next month, and I added more items from Etsy to my favorites list of cutesy Christmas stockings and tree skirts that I saw, along with a few other monogrammed stuff.
- Of the stockings I found, I really thought these were cute! You can get them here from LaFortuneLinens
- and these from stichery33
- As I mentioned, we had a few hours of time together on Saturday while my parents babysat both kids. It has been months since we had a true date night with a yummy meal, so we went to Outback and it was every bit as good as I remembered. I had a margarita also, and it was just as good as I remembered too!
photo via southernliving.com
- I can't believe that this is the last full week of October. I got the latest issue of Southern Living and I have already skimmed the Thanksgiving pages to look for the best recipes to try. One word: Yum!
- I'm meeting the girls from my MOPS today to have a playdate at the Pumpkin Patch. This will be my first outing with both kids, where I will actually be watching a busy toddler and tending to a newborn at the same time. I'm glad I'll have the help of the other MOPS moms if I need it haha!
- I hope you had a great weekend :)







You look great! I am pretty curvy too and never thought I would wear skinny jeans but I love them (unfortunately, like you said, I am too afraid to try them on right now!) Glad you had a great date. I think John and I are going to have one too this week while his parents are here. I cant wait!
ReplyDelete