Sunday, May 13, 2012

My Mothers Day is Complete

Hope you're having a great weekend, and a great Mothers Day!
 Here I am last year with Ryder, about five months pregnant with Brynley. Which you can tell by my face and arms ha! We always joked that I looked pregnant everywhere except my belly! Not fair!
I never would have thought that one baby could bring me so much JOY and HAPPINESS, and two babies have doubled those feelings! I am just the most blessed Mama today and reflecting on my life and where I've come over the past three years, and two babies later, I give all the glory to God! I always knew that I wanted to be a Mommy someday from the time I was a little girl, playing with my La Baby Twin dolls, and brushing the hair of my American Girl doll, Samantha. But I had no idea just what being a Mommy entailed until I became a Mom to Ryder on November 18th, 2008. From the moments I laid eyes on him and held him to my chest to inhale that sweet newborn scent, I was enchanted by his perfection and the overall wonderful feeling that comes along with being a Mommy. And then again when I became a Mommy a second time, to Brynley last September 13th. It was in that moment that I felt my family was complete. 

Not to say there haven't been a lot of bumps in the road along the way, and crying from both the kids and myself, but there are way more sweet and precious moments than not! I just feel as though my family is complete now. I am so blessed for the family that I have, and I just pray that I will have the mercy to get through these tough days of having a baby. The diaper changes, feedings, sleepless nights, teething, exploring, and so much more that goes along with raising an 8 month old. I pray for more patience than I know I could possibly have, but I need it to get through my battles with my strong willed 3 year old. Though I want Ryder to succeed and do great things one day, his defiance is enough to make me crazy most days!

On most days I love everything there is about being a Mom. Yes there are days that I long to have some peace and quiet when I take a bath, watch a tv show, or read a great book, but the moments of teaching, laughter, and joy far outweigh the craziness anyday!
I had to share some of my favorite moments of Motherhood so far, in no particular order!
Basking in the joy of having a baby girl to dress in monograms, bows, and zebra print!

 Enjoying some snuggles
 and kisses with my Goose
smitten with by baby girlie
Mommy moment with my babies. Headed to MOPS and realizing I could actually get myself and both kids dressed and ready, and out the door on time!
 Being silly wearing underwear on our heads to make our bedtime routine more fun!
 Enjoying first momets, like Brynley's first time at the beach!

7 Months Pregnant with Brynley, and soaking up all of my Ryder time
 Just mere days old, enjoying the fun of my new baby girl
 3 days old, Brynley's first trip to the Doctor, and outing
 A true laugh out loud moment! In a bind to nurse Brynley on the go, after learning she had high Bilirubin levels at the Dr the same day, and I was learning as a Mommy to two, there are going to be moments like these that you just do what is necessary! OR some call it survival mode
and sharing a popsicle on a hot summer day. I was just days from having Brynley and savoring my last moments with Ryder before her arrival!
On most days I love everything there is about being a Mom. Yes there are days that I long to have some peace and quiet when I take a bath, watch a tv show, or read a great book, but the moments of teaching, laughter, and joy far outweigh the craziness anyday!
This Mothers Day was no exception. It started with me opening my sweet Mothers Day cards from Ryder, Brynley, and Tucker. And opening my gift. Followed by a breakfast made with LOVE from Scot! It was a morning that started out perfect, but of course, knowing we were headed to church shortly after breakfast for the Baby Dedication, the Devil was definitely in our house! I know that holidays aren't going to be perfect, and that there will most definitely be a meltdown at some point or other. But I still can't help but hope that the day will go alright. We did manage to get ourselves out of the house and once we started driving, miraculously, Brynley stopped crying and Ryder stopped whining.

With Brynley teething so bad, I was worried how she would be during the service, but happy to see that she ended up being fine. Of course she squirmed a bit as we held her during our Blessing to she and Ryder, which was presented before the church, but all was right with the world again once we dropped she and Ryder off at the nursery afterwards. And all the congregation shared a laugh I'm sure too! At the moment they presented me with two roses, Brynley pulled the stems and leaves off the arrangement and then tried eating them ha!

Well I hope that you fellow Mommys all had a fabulous day. It may be a hard day to some who are longing to be a Mommy, or maybe you've lost a Mom or Grandmother. Or even a child. But know that God is very present to cover you in blessings and shield you from your pain.

Happy Mothers Day to my amazing Mom, who I aspire to be as great a Mom as she is!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a great Mother's Day! Love all the pictures and memories. What a good idea for a post!

    ReplyDelete