Today marked the last day of preschool for Ryder, and it left me feeling a bit sad. Memories came flooding back to me, just months ago, at how excited I was for him to be attending a new preschool after the busy and exhausting days arrived after welcoming Brynley to our family. I remember thinking "We have got to get Ryder in a preschool fast because I don't know how else to keep him entertained and to retain all of the things he learned in daycare." I was worried about making sure that he stayed social with other kids his age, and just in general, wanted to ensure Ryder was getting as much attention that he could during that time of transition with a new baby in the house. He loved his teachers, Miss Beth and Miss Stacy, and was greeted each morning by the sweet preschool director with a smile. We will have many fun days ahead this summer, with lots of crafts I have planned, but I am a bit sad today thinking of those months ago and how all of our lives were changed by bringing Brynley home and not knowing what the future held.
I can't wait for the memories in the making for the next school year, but Ryder has already picked out a new "pack pack" for the coming year! A penguin, of course!

I am so bummed that I didnt take a picture like this. Of course we moved in October and Colt didnt start until January so I didnt really get to take the picture. I will definitely do this next year. I will to say though that one of the reasons that I picked Colt's school is that they have a summer program so he is still going through the summer....thank goodness, ha!
ReplyDeleteWow - I can't believe he's at the end of his preschool!
ReplyDeleteHe has changed a lot since the beginning of his preschool year! I love his backpack, can't wait to see his penguin one!
ReplyDelete