I'm Laura and WELCOME to Laura's Blonde Moments. Where I share bits about my life and all of the random blonde moments that go along with it. Today I'm linking up to Kelly from Kelly's Korner Blog to write a little bit about myself, in case you're a new follower. Or maybe you've been following for awhile now and just wanted to know a little more about me.
For starters, here are 10 Blonde Moments about Me
- Well, the obvious if you could hear my southern accent! I'm a North Carolina native and have lived in different parts of the state all of my life. I currently live in the suburbs by Lake Norman outside of Charlotte. I love that we are within miles of many hiking trails, mountains, city, and if I wanted, I could even get to the beach in about 3-4 hours . I've never really considered moving anywhere else, but would be willing to if my husband's job required us to do so. With that being said, I hope it doesn't require us to do so, and if it did I would totally want to move closer to the beach! I'm happy we at least live by the lake for now though!
- I'm 29 and got married on April 21st, 2007. I dated my husband for a few years before we got married. We started as friends, then dated, then became exclusive, moved in together, and then tied the knot! We decided that since we met at the lake, to have our wedding outside with the lake as our backdrop. I look so young and innocent here, not a care in the world, HA!
- I am a christian and since getting married I have grown even stronger in my faith. I started blogging as a way to document my life, kind of like a journal, but really got hooked once I started reading other blogs written by christian ladies like myself. I love that it's been an outlet to voice opinions, get advice, share recipes, and just feel like I'm not alone in this crazy world.
- The next chapter of my life began the day I became a Mommy! My son Ryder was born on November 18th, 2008. I had no idea the amount of love I could have for someone, in such an unconditional way. It was a different kind of love, a Mommy's love. Through sleepless nights, diaper changes, first colds, ear infections, scrapes and Boo Boo's, we got through the first years and are still figuring things out! There are days he spends more time in timeout than not, and days where he says the funniest things and I wonder where he gets it from. I may not have all of the answers just yet, to raising him to adulthood, but the best part of all is the adventure we are on together as we figure it all out!
- And then I got pregnant with my daughter Brynley. Here I am last July around 31 weeks!
- So that sums up my little family. But before I became a wife and Mommy, I was also a daughter and sister. I have an older brother and my hopes are that Ryder and Brynley will become as close as we are one day. I feel so blessed that I have two children and will see them grow up together! I'm very close to my Mom, who lives near us, and pray to have that close relationship with my own children.
- I am a stay at home Mommy now, and made this decision once Brynley was born. I worked full time after I had Ryder and it was so hard to leave him each day in someone else's hands while I worked. But it was a must at the time, and I am so grateful to have this chance this time around. I love every moment staying home with my babies, but there are plenty of hard moments! Days where I make sure the kids are dressed but find myself in workout clothes until the late afternoon ha! There are days where Brynley just cries and Ryder won't listen, and I've picked up the same mess for the sixth time that day. And then there are days where they laugh and smile at one another and we play in Ryder's room and I'm able to teach them about so many things. I've learned that if I'm going to get through each day I better start my morning off right, by doing my devotion first and foremost.
- In highschool, I always dreamed of being a dental hygienist. I only applied to the dental hygiene programs in my area, but didn't get in so I opted to be a dental assistant instead. I did this for awhile but then later realized I liked the front end better than the clinical side. It's funny looking back and thinking about what I wanted so much, and yet life still had it's way of working out the way it was meant to!
- After marriage and babies, it's hard to still keep in contact with friends from highschool and college. I meet people from different stages in my life and I try to stay connected, but it's just not that easy. I love meeting people and realized after staying home that I would miss some of the interaction with co-worker friends and patients, and I didn't have a lot of friends with kids at the time, so I joined a MOPS group in my area. This was one of the best ideas I had and have found such joy meeting other moms and having the opportunity to have fellowship and playdates with other women like myself!
- Since meeting my husband, I have discovered how much I like to stay active. I love working out at the gym, going for hikes, swimming, and trying my best to eat healthy. We like to travel and part of my motivation each year is finding a place to vacation to and making it my goal to get in shape for our travels.





Loved reading this, and loved your comment about preferring the front end as opposed to the "back side" of clinical stuff, ha ha :-) I feel the same way sometimes! It was fun to read a bit more about you!
ReplyDelete