So it's been since Tuesday that I've posed anything. Not that I haven't wanted to, it's just been a busy week while Scot's been on a business trip to California. I was anxious before he left, knowing that I'd had a few rough days with Ryder not listening, being defiant, telling me "NO!", not going to timeout, laughing when I spanked him, throwing things, being mean to Brynley, and just being your typical 3 year old. I had fears that while Scot was away that I would have a meltdown myself, or just be exhausted each and every night after putting the kids to bed.
So I found a scripture verse that I coud put on the fridge to remind me that God is very present and not to worry while I was home with the kids by myself. So I found Isaiah 41:10 and it literally gave me strength over the past week!
This video was on Wednesday after dropping Scot off at the airport, as we headed back home and Ryder saw we weren't going home I told him we were going to the gym. Hello meltdown. After he'd already had a meltdown because we left Scot and as Ryder pouted and wouldn't kiss his Daddy bye, he then cried for him the whole way home almost. As for Brynley, she was just over being in her carseat and was fussing along with Ryder. And I thought in that moment. Oh my gosh how am I going to get through a whole week alone with this. And then I referred back to that verse and it hit me that I would be okay. That God was with me and he will always be there with me, making me stronger.
Not that I wasn't still exhausted by the time I finally let my head hit the pillow each night, but I had a peace that was with me each day this past week. I knew that no matter what lied ahead, that I would have the strength to get through it. I am learning to be stronger, to be more independent, to be the best Mommy that I can be. I'm learning to teach, listen, learn, love, soothe, pray for, and help my children so that they will make the right choices and hopefully lead by example in ways that I have shown. It hasn't been an easy week, but I've proven myself that I can do it and I'm not alone. This was Brynley and I on our way to church this morning. The old Laura never would have attempted a car ride with a baby by myself, much leas church sans husband. And now look at me!
Well I hope that your weekend was wonderful! I will be so glad to welcome Scot with open arms tomorrow, but I have actually been blessed in a way with this chance to have one on one time with just me and the kids, so it has given us time to lean on one another and I've actually enjoyed it!
Oh my - whoo, I think that I would have had a meltdown too, listening to Ryder! Though I have to say that it tugged at my heartstrings just a bit to hear him cry :-) Ugh - I guess that's something that I'll have to look forward to with Joe. Thank goodness God is always there for us, always maintaining and sustaining us and our rock through the good and bad times!
ReplyDeleteIt is SO hard when they travel! I try to be understanding but it can be really challenging! Glad Scot is back home. You are a super mom. These stages are both tough!
ReplyDelete