Whew ya'll I am so glad it's finally Friday! This has been one of the longest weeks by far, quite possibly the worst one I've had in awhile. Not that you want to hear about my long week, but we've certainly been put to the test to trust God and really listen to what he's trying to tell us lately! Thank ya'll for your continued support and prayers as Scot continues his job search. He had another interview yesterday and we are hopeful that he has the chances to get this job. Fingers crossed, I feel like we are on the verge of good things happening, but it's just getting there that has been the challenge. On top of this, I have tried to continue being supportive and positive, as his wife, and I think it's just life taking it's tole this week!
I haven't worked out at all. Not even once this week! I feel gross, and like I'm sliding back to my old habits, eating junk food and just feeling Blah in general, and I'm not proud of this to say the least.
Ryder has been very defiant lately, saying "NO!" all the time when he's asked to do something, being mean to his baby sister, laughing when I put him in timeout or give spankings, refusing to comply with just about anyting except when it's something he wants, and then it's full on tantrum! I know this is just a season, but combined with the stresses of job change and Brynley teething again, waking once, twice, ten times, it can just be enough to make any sane person want to bang their head against a wall haha! I'm hoping it will be a good weekend, and I am very much looking forward to Mothers Day this year with both of my babies! During times like these, I just need to remind myself how blessed I am and to thank Jesus for these rough times, and learn to lean more on him. To be less prideful. As Scot goes out of town for another business trip soon, I will certainly be leaning on him!
I couldn't remember if I ever shared these pictures of us at the Splash Pad and Park last weekend, but here they are! I am continuing to try getting Ryder more acquainted with being splashed with water, since he hates getting water in his face, even the bath! Brynley however was not even phased by getting wet, and it was so hot that I think she enjoyed the cool water!All it took for Ryder to get in the water was to see his little girlfriend from school, and then he followed her right into the splash pad! I started laughing, thinking it took girl to get him in!
We came home and spent the rest of the afternoon being silly and taking funny pictures of ourselves and playing around with the different photo settings. I think we looked a bit creepy!
Well, thanks for letting me rant a bit, and I know this is just the season, and things could be a lot worse. I can't wait for the rest of the weekend, and by Monday it's GAME ON for getting back on track with working out and eating better. After last nights splurge at Cookout, and the Krispy Kreme doughnuts I consumed tonight, I think it will probably take me more than a week to make a dent in my workout regimen again ha! Well, I also hope that Ryder will make better choices and that I will have the patience to discipline and follow through with him and to pray Brynley's teething will get better too! That's a lot to ask for, but here's to hoping, right? Happy Friday!!

Ugh, what a rough week! It never rains but it pours, right? I'm like you and need to get back on the fit train - have definitely let things slide, but tomorrow is always fresh :-) I hope that this week and Mother's Day go really well for all of you!
ReplyDeleteI am so behind on blog reading I didn't even know Scott is looking for a job! I will say a prayer that he finds what he is looking for. How fun is that splash park? I wish we had one close to us. And you look great!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! We are taking Max to the splash pad soon. There are so many around here. I also love the goofy photos. I do this with Max all the time!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. We have a splash pad that just opened up nearby. I cant wait to see Colt's reaction. He will be cautious too I am sure.
ReplyDeleteI know I am behind, but I am sorry about your tough week last week. Hope it got better! I know how it can be hard to be supportive sometimes but I know you are an amazing wife and mother!