Monday, May 14, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • Happy Dreary, Rainy Monday Ya'll!
  • After the fun we had over the weekend and for Mothers Day yesterday, I was really dreading today, as I always do, because Scot goes back to work and it's just the three of us again. But so far, despite the rainy weather outside, it has been a pretty good day here in the Gelinas house!
  • How was your weekend?
  • Is it raining where you are too?
  • And here is the Blessing that Scot and I wrote for Ryder and Brynley that was recited at church yesterday. I love that they presented it to us like this so we can put it in Ryder and Brynley's baby books and give a copy to them when they graduate highschool.
  • When Scot's parents were in town visiting, they wanted to get Ryder a new carseat because they thought that maybe his Britax seat was getting small for him. I'm not sure if it was that, or Ryder was just being uncooperative the last time they took a trip to the mountains and he didn't want to be buckled in his 5 point harness seatbelt, but whatever the case, Ryder loves his new carseat! He looks so grownup sitting in the booster seat, and I'm sure he could have gone longer in his Britax seat, since it goes up tp 65 lbs, but he seems to like the new one better!
  • So since we upgraded Ryder to a new carseat, we thought it was a good time to switch Brynley to Ryder's Britax seat. I was able to use her carseat cover from her Graco carseat! I thought it looked so girly and cute, but the verdict is still out whether Brynley likes this seat. She pretty much cries no matter what when we put her in any carseat, but this is because she hates being restrained! You should see her fight when we change her diaper or get her dressed! Whew!
  • Over the weekend we took a trip to the park to have a picnic and play. Ryder was very happy to get to run back and forth from the plyground to where we were at the picnic tables. So much fun in fact, that Scot and I talked and are hoping that if Scot gets this new job that we will be able to plan a fun vacation in the mountains this summer. Not the pitching a tent camping, but more like a cabin and jacuzzi with a pool table camping. Or as my Real Housewives of Orange County would say, "Glamping" haha! (ie Glamourous Camping)

  • Brynley had the best time sitting like a big girl in her booster seat an noshing on treats like the rest of us! Can you believe she just turned 8 months? Where has time gone!?
  • After lunch, we went for a walk around the lake and Ryder got to hone his bike riding skills. The park and playground is at a public boat ramp, so there were a lot of people taking their boats out. Ryder loved watching the boats come in and out and we would love to one day have a boat of our own. Growing up, we always had boats, and before Scot moved to NC he had one too! I think right now it would be a bit of a challenge, with a baby and all, but maybe in the years to come we will be able to have one! Just another perk of living at the lake!



  •  One of the best parts of going to my local MOPS groups is that I have met so many amazing friends through it! Although we have had a busy Spring and had to miss a few meetings, I have still been able to get together for fun playdates! Brynley is even starting to take notice when there are other babies around and seems to like interacting with them.

  •  We got a few things at the mall this past weekend for Brynley and Ryder. I was surprised that Brynley is wearing most 9-12 and some 12 months clothes already! With that being said, I had gotten her things for the summer before I knew that she was already fitting in these sizes, so I knew she needed some more things to get her through the rest of the Spring and Summer.
  •  My friend had sent me a giftcard to a children's boutique in the area awhile ago and I was able to get Brynley this adorable romper and a ruffled diaper cover.
  • I haven't decided yet, but while I was there, the owner of the shop was doing fittings for some children for an upcoming fashion show and she asked if Brynley and Ryder wanted to participate in it.
  • Not that I want my kids to be the next Toddlers & Tiaras, but they would be pretty cute!


  • I also discovered over the weekend that Brynley loves ice water! I've started giving it to her in a sippy cup, but let her try drinking some from a cup. She loved it so much that she squealed each time she took a sip, and begged for more!
  • I don't know if it was just the cool water on her teething gums, or if she really liked drinking it, but it cracked me up so much!
  • Well, as Scot prepares for another business trip, my parenting skills will be put to the test and I will have to find ways to entertain ourselves this coming weekend. We continue to pray that he gets the job he applied for, and we should find something out hopefully in the next week!
  • I hope that you're having a great Monday so far and I can't wait to watch the new season of the Bachelorette tonight! Scot has a mutual friend of Emily's, so we became fans of hers long before she became famous on Brad's season of the Bachelor. Of course I love some cheesy reality tv anyday too ha!

3 comments:

  1. Max loves ice water too! Whenever I am drinking it he starts smacking his lips. He could take or leave his sippy cup but if I put my cup up to his mouth he loves it!

    I'm excited for the Bachelorette too! I probably won't be able to watch it until tomorrow though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glamping sounds fun to me! Brynley looks so cute in her romper :-) Joe loves to drink water, but I haven't tried ice water. That's a good idea and might help with his teething.

    I hope that your single-parenting goes smoothly and that you guys hearing something soon about the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the term Glamping!

    I love boats too but who knows if we will ever get one. I grew up on the lake and started water skiing when I was 6, but its just not the same if my Dad isn't driving the boat.

    I am loving this new stage where Sula can eat. It is so much easier. I can just give her a puff if we are out and she gets fussy!

    I am watching the Bachelorette right now. Love it! Do you have any Emily gossip? :)

    ReplyDelete