Monday, May 7, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday


  • Happy Monday!!
  •  Is it Monday already again?? I sure feel like in some ways it was just Friday, and in other ways the whole weekend dragged by because we didn't really leave the house much Saturday or Sunday.
  • We attended Ryder's "Parent's Tea"at his preschool Friday, and he was very excited to sing and show off the treats and crafts he'd made for us! I wasn't entirely sure exactly what a Parent's Tea involved, but I was just happy to be able to attend any school function of Ryder's, considering the past years at his daycare when I was hardly able to get off work in time to attend any of his school events. We were dressed and took some pictures before we left!
  •  Trying to keep grass stains and spitup off of my white pants. About impossible!
  • But I also realized I really really want to get a pair of white skinny jeans!
  •  This is Ryder's teacher Miss Stacy, and his class, and the rest of the kids in his preschool singing songs for all of the parents.
  • I was so proud of Ryder for remembering all of the songs, but had to laugh because he kept yawning through each song! We go to bed plenty early, but I think he must have been bored!
  •  Ryder is in the "Bunny" class, and I asked him to take a picture by his class, the Bunnies. As usual, this is about the face I usually get from him!

  •  Ryder enjoying refreshments that he and his classmates and school made!
  • These are Ryder's best friends in his class! We hope to have playdates with them soon, once school ends at the end of this month. It's so funny because when Ryder was in daycare, he was surrounded by almost all boys, but it is quite the opposite at his preschool class, where it is just these three boys and the rest are all girls!
  • In fact, this is one of Ryder's "girlfriends", Maci, who ran up to Ryder ans wanted to hug him!
  • I later asked him about her, and he said she was his girlfriend haha!
  • Friday night, I invited Ryder's friend Topher, and his Mom and Dad, who I've become great friends with through MOPS, for a "Quatro de Mayo" Taco night and s'mores!
  • I think it's safe to say that these two had a ball rolling down the hill barefoot in our backyard, playing for hours in Ryder's room, running around inside and outside the house, and they stayed until almost midnight!
  • We had so much fun with them and it was great to see the kids get along so well. Brynley went down for bed, but she must've heard all of the noise and woke up an hour after me putting her to sleep and wouldn't go back down until they left!
  • For "Plant Day", Ryder and I planted some seeds that we got at Lowe's and made sure to plant some for Brynley too!
  • It was dreary and cool most of the day, so we just planted the seeds in these pots for now, but I'm hoping we can plant the rest in our flower beds this week.


  • Here's the seeds we planted, in our little planters on top of the table outside
  • Lately I find myself printing recipe after recipe, and tearing articles from my Southern Living and Health magazines that look good. It's actually gotten a bit out of control, considering I'd been storing all of these potential recipe faves above our microwave.
  • So I finally did something about the clutter, and started entering the recipes with this new app I got on my iPad! I'm loving it so far and am able to find the recipes I need with the click of a button. I'm a bit worried that there may be an update and I lose all of my valuable recipes, but thankfully there's backup for that!

  • Scot and I met at church this past week, for a Baby Dedication class. The motive behind it was to write a Blessing for our children that we want to dedicate on Mothers Day, and make it as a letter to our children 18 years from now.
  • After much thought, Scot and I finally came up with the letter that we wanted to send to Ryder and Brynley, imagining them as seniors in highschool, about to enter the Real World!
  • Crazy as it seems, I know it will come in the blink of an eye!
  • I'm not really sure what happened to me over the weekend, but I lost all restraint for eating healthy, and caved when I saw these cupcakes at the grocery store!
  • The sad thing is that as much as I'd like to blame it on Scot or Ryder, I was actially the one who spotted them and just had to have one. As we watch the season finales of some of our shows tonight, you better believe I will be enjoying them to the last bite!!
  • Happy Monday and I hope your week is off to a terriffic start!

2 comments:

  1. I want white skinnies as well. Something tells me they aren't the smartest purchase for a boy mama lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got pale pink skinnies from Express that I really like!

    And I need to find the recipe app on the Ipad. I am the same way about recipes. I so need some sort of system!

    ReplyDelete