Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 33 Weeks!

Bitty Girl,
 You are 33 Weeks old today!
May 1st, 2012
 If I had to pick just one word to describe you this past week, it would have to be adventurous!
That's right! You have figured out a way to get from room to room and there's no stopping you!
 I'd heard from other blogs about how great these Praise Baby DVDs were, so I thought we'd give them a try to see how you liked them. I think this picture pretty much says how much you loved it! With that being said, I think we will be getting more of these for you to watch! And seriously, it was one crazy afternoon so I thought a little praise music would be good for all of us, and after putting it in, just a few minutes later all was right with the world again and Brynley stopped crying, Ryder stopped whining, and Mommy was finally able to take a deep breath and relax! Whew!
 As for eating, I have to say that you've also become adventurous this week, wanting to try anything and everything! Each week gets better and better as far as trying to introduce new foods to you, and when we are eating something that you want, you either start begging like a little puppy to get it, or you crawl, scoot, or cruise over to us and try taking it from us or grabbing the plate!
 I've also started letting you take sips of water from your sippy cup. You don't get much out, but you have fun trying! Ryder did pretty well adjusting from a bottle to sippy cup, so my hopes are that you will too!
 You still love chewing on random socks and clothes you find! These were clean luckily haha!
 You've started getting more and more seperation anxiety when Mommy leaves the room, but now that you've figured out how to get mobile to find me, it's getting better!
 You just love playing with your toys and I find that you have become more interested in some of them that you never paid attention much to before now. Of course you still want any of Ryder's toys, and we have started taking the ones that he really doesn't want drooled on away, but are trying to encourage him to still share some of them with you. You really don't like being told "No" or "Danger", as I'm finding that I need to work on more baby proofing! We have all too soon forgotten just how much babies like getting cords and finding things we never would think you could grab!
 We had a special visit from Grammy and Grampa just this past weekend and you had so much fun playing with them and showing off! Grammy loved feeding you and you were such a doll for them!
 Here you are showing off how you get going from room to room when you're looking for one of us. I love being able to hear you coming, grunting and snorting the whole time haha!


 We've had some warmer days again, so we took you outside in the shade while Mommy and Daddy could get some sun and you loved it! Of course you still try to eat the grass, but you love being outside! I can't wait for the summer days of being outside and taking you in the pool for the first time
 I have still tried feeding you at the table in your highchair, but you just make the biggest mess! I am starting to let you try feeding yourself some, and have realized you love this and will try more foods this way, like hummus and peas. It makes me sad to see you growing up so fast though! I've even started noticing that you don't want to nurse or take your bottle as much, and you just want to eat real food so bad. Even more than I remember Ryder wanting food, because you watch him so much!
 As you can see, there's just no stopping you when it comes to pulling yourself up! From the couch, cruising over to the baskets of toys and books, then sitting, crawling, and then pulling up to cruise to the next thing. You even love coming over to me and using my lap to crawl in or pull up on! I love how attached you are to me, and love getting all of those yummy baby kisses!
 You have also started wanting to grab Tucker more and more, and he has taken more caution with you too! He doesn't like that you're so mobile now, and has been known to get cranky and growl at you! But he's all bark and no bite. You just want to play with him and take his squeaky toys so bad!

I've been working with you to wave and you now love waving at us! We are also working on getting you to say "Bye Bye" and wave. I love your many milestones and this has to be my favorite age!

You're definitely teething and I've felt the start of your two front teeth erupting finally! They aren't up all the way yet but definitely there now. We've stopped giving you the paci for a few weeks now because you just don't care about it and we'd rather nip that habit in the bud now. I think we were the ones forcing it before, in hopes it would help you sleep better and longer. Instead, I've replaced it with two loveys and your soft pink blankie for all naps and bedtime.

The best part of the past week is that you've pretty much slept through the night every night! I don't even want to say this because as sure as I do you revert back. Mommy hasn't felt so rested in such a long time! I think I was craving sleep so bad that I don't want to get out of bed now haha!

Happy 33 Weeks Baby Girl!
Love,
Mommy



2 comments: